Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my Plusnet business directory number before Plusnet business expires

Grend
Dabbler

Moving my Plusnet business directory number before Plusnet business expires

Hi,

I know I am very late to the party but I have tried to catch up reading other threads. I currently have FTTC with Plusnet Business. I have a second copper line I am getting another ISP set up on to make the transfer painless. The question is regarding my directory number attached to my PN account.

I already use YAY.com for other VoIP phone numbers. I would like to shift my munber from PN to YAY however I am advised that will instantly terminate my internet service. Is this really the case? My service seems to be enabled for SOGEA which I thought would mean the internet service could run without a directory number - as long as I pay my bill! Does a PN service really need a directory number? Could they give me a new number once I shift away?

Like others who have been with PN for a couple of decades losing my phone number is not an option!

I see reference to a 30 day period to move a number to another service (IP?) after termination.Would that be 30 days after Plusnet Business pull the plug? I am not sure I want to take that risk. I could shift my number tomorrow if I was shre it would not effect the PN account and internet service. A complication is that there is a user here with a @plus.net  email address and advising everyone of a new email address seems to be taking a long while!

Thanks

G