Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my referral discontinued?

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Why was my referral discontinued?

My neighbour has just moved to PlusNet on my recommendation and gave my account as a referral. For some reason the initial account he agreed to had to be cancelled (I suspect that was because of local congestion as he could only be provded with 330Mbps and not 500Mbps he originally ordered) and he had to start again from scratch with a different account name. I thought that I'd check that my referral had 'survived' the process which it has.

However I saw that another referral had been cancelled, referred to as "destroyed" on 22/10/21. I've just checked with the friend and they are still with PlusNet and have been continuously since well before that date. They moved to a different property around that time but the contract was continuous.

I'm wondering if there has been a glitch. It should surely remain in place whilst ever the account for which the referral is paid is still active.

This is the third time that referrals that I should have had have 'disappeared' for accounts that I actively helped to set up. It would be interest to know how often this happens.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Why was my referral discontinued?

Hi @longedge 

Can you drop me a PM showing this so I can advise further?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

I appreciate you looking into it for me Matthew. My apologies for the wordy P.M. 🙂

longedge
Aspiring Pro

I have just been on the phone to PlusNet and it was not the result I had hoped for.

The PM I got unfortunately held out false hopes of retrieving the referral, if sorting it out for you meant that, and I've lost it 😡.

My friend moved house during the course of which there was a total [-Censored-]-up of the billing on her account by PlusNet. As a result of that a new account had to be created and my referral was not added. A referral can only be added in the first 90 days of a new account being opened.

A change of address does not automatically trigger the loss of a referral, it takes an additional [-Censored-]-up from PlusNet to do that.

For clarity the censored word refers to a male chicken. I disapprove of foul language in case it might be thought I had used another term.

longedge
Aspiring Pro