cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to EE via phone agent

Marko
Dabbler

Transfer to EE via phone agent

I decided to take the EE transfer route and as both my wife and I are on Plusnet, I phoned them. I spoke with a very helpful guy and was told, to my surprise, I could move to EE at the same cost as now, £6 a month for 5 gig. I’ve now received the details from EE and the price quoted is £8 for 5 gig. Can anyone shed any light? Are others getting it for £6 or was the agent mistaken. I’m not keen to phone again as it took over half an hour for them to answer, but I will if necessary.

Many thanks for any thoughts

Mark
10 REPLIES 10
robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Transfer to EE via phone agent

I am in the process of moving to EE and £8 for 5 gig is the special price for Plusnet users. I did it on line and had to use a code from Plusnet to get the deal.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Marko
Dabbler

Hi Rob, I know that is the headline figure but I was told it would be £6 not £8. On the other, bigger thread you will see someone who is paying £8 for the first month, reducing to £6 after that. Just thought I’d flag it up.

Mark
Ned70

I’m in the same situation and EE appear to be ignoring me, when I try and contact them to resolve this. Not a good start!
If there’s enough of us that this has happened to, we might be able to take it to the ombudsman, if it remains unresolved.
Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I also transferred to EE via phone agent and the whole process including number port completed successfully. My first bill from EE was for £8, so I called EE and they confirmed to me that the discount down to £6 applies from the second bill. HTH
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
Marko
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply, I’ll await the next bill with interest!

Mark
harryw66
Grafter

Can you please confirm what it said in the Order email you got? The one that says 'ABOUT YOUR ORDER' and 'Your new plan'

Mine says 30 Day Ess SIM 5GB £6

Would be a quite cheeky if they charge £8 on the first bill!

Protech
Aspiring Pro

Mine says
"Your new plan
Contract length 1m
Plan name 30 Day Ess SIM 5GB £8
Plan description Your SIM plan gives you 5GB of data, capped at 100Mbps speeds, plus unlimited texts and calls to use in the UK. And if you have a 5G ready device you also get access to our 5G network.
Plan cost (inc VAT) £8.00"
I transferred on the day the £6 rate was announced, so it's processed as a discount by EE. I've checked that this is the case with EE agents which they have confirmed. We will see...
harryw66
Grafter

On a loosely related topic - did you have to do anything with the PAC codes - or was the number port auto done by PNET/EE behind the scenes?

Protech
Aspiring Pro

@harryw66
A PAC code was generated while I was on the call with the agent. Everything was handled by the PNET/ EE, no need to do anything with it.
harryw66
Grafter

Thanks for confirming.