cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malwarebytes

Roberto0151
Grafter

Re: Malwarebytes

I've always found Filehippo very reliable. They also have an update checker which can be run to see whether a programme on your machine has an updated version.  (I "think" they are  only interested in freeware.)
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: jelv
Why download from there where you can download from https://www.malwarebytes.org/ ?
I've never understood why anyone would want to download software from anywhere but the maker's site.
Strangely on CCleaner's site it gives the option to download from their own site or from an alternative download site. Never quite understood why.
Maybe under dial-up where speeds may have been a bit faster using a local host but not now.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

zippyzappy
Grafter

& Mav .................
Software developers, be it freeware, shareware, or commercial usually send their software to respected download sites for the simple reason these sites get far more visitors than their own site. And having all your software on one site from a users point of view is far better than trawling through individual sites to get the latest version.
So, in addition to their own site producers of software put their software where it gets advertised more. And when you think about it, if you were a software developer you'd want as broad a spread as possible from the advertising point of view.
Therefore, don't be put off respected download sites, none of them are there to give you or your computer any grief whatsoever.  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Probably one of the best known sites is download.com. Nuff said!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Download.com , was at one time the best place to find free software .
but now is just the place to find UNWANTED software , but the are still a few of them sites that you dont get extra added onto your files , Even the main download site,s you can still get added on software if you are not careful.
the most annoying i seam to find is Google Chrome bundled with a lot of downloads FFS. even flash player from adobe sneakily tries to get you to install some free security scan !
Even AMD now when you Download new drivers tries to install " Raptor " game booster if you dont unclick a check box
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .