Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bring back a working status page

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

bring back a working status page

bring back a working status page but add BT work carried out for a searchable postcodes, which bean counter decided it wasn't required!

I lost tinternet tonight from 3.50am until 4.25am, getting old you sleep l but no chance to tell if work being carried out or the cabinet playing up as I'm on full 500 weetabix

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
9 REPLIES 9
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: bring back a working status page

According to my Fing monitor there was a moderate Plusnet outage starting at 3.55am and lasted on & off for over 3 hours…..

DylanT42

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Good to know, just glad I wasn't in game when it happened, live service with no pause and lost loot on death

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
22over7
Rising Star

I'd like to endorse the OP's request.

The downdetector link is very useful: sadly the "map" feature seems to be broken, at least for me.

Another way of showing what's (not!) up is to use a thinkbroadband live graph. Here's a link to mine. Obviously, if your connection is down, you'll have to use a phone connection to see it.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/89493edf03886b2dcd280962c6420627 

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Here's mine..............

https://gwise.uk/linestats/line.htm 

markhawkin
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

It doesn't help with the fault this morning (which looks like it's within the Plusnet systems) but for some information on general Openreach faults and planned maintenance the Zen page is worth a look.

https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

Sonmething like that is what Plusnet should have.....

I am the satisfied customer....
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

@markhawkin   Impressive…

DylanT42

>It doesn't help with the fault this morning
Well, it gives an indication of how common the problem might be & whether you’re likely to get a positive result from a help desk call, notwithstanding the auto-testing-bots

>(which looks like it's within the Plusnet systems)
Aye - some sort of fight between Static-IPs & the DHCIP service. Temporary allocation into the floating-IP group sorted me out after a router reboot. May even get the prior IP back again IDC (but not holding my breath)

>but for some information on general Openreach faults and planned maintenance the Zen page is worth a look.
>https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/
Very good :-}

>Sonmething like that is what Plusnet [*used to*] have.....
FTFY !

Looks like normal (usually very excellent) service was resumed around noon:
There is a tide in affairs on [people]; which taken at the flood leads to …packet flow?There is a tide in affairs on [people]; which taken at the flood leads to …packet flow?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

There is an additional need for a broadband status page now - with the cessation of PSTN and the move to VoIP a working broadband connection is necessary in order to use a landline phone.

There has been a lot of discussion about the need for a UPS to power your router and ATA/phone in the event of a power cut - but that doesn't help if there is no broadband.

Being able to check for a known problem in an area could save a lot of concern and effort for anyone with dependent relatives that lose contact. Knowing how long a problem is likely to last would allow appropriate action to be taken.

There are several reasons I'd never use or recommend Plusnet again, but the lack of any status information at all is one of them.