cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket 43313683 - Re LTB - Slow responses by support

cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Re: Ticket 43313683 - Re LTB - Slow responses by support

I also note furrymunkey & clwveats on the Broadband & Routers forum both have exactly the same issue. I wonder just how many other plusnet customers have the same problem and how many of them are even aware of this consistency failure. A problem that plusnet clearly are unable to fix!
JoJO keeps being promised the mismatches will be fixed in a 2 hour time slot. I was intially promised 72 hours by faults. Then i was promised when that didn't work it would be fixed today with a 2 hour promise. Of course yet again nothing was fixed!
Clearly 2 hours, 72 hours, or a total of over 5 weeks in my case - it doesn't make a bit of difference. Plusnet promises mean absolutley nothing as they are unable to fix this problem!
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Enough is enough on this now.
I have today obtained the home addresses of Plusnet Directors from Companies House.
I now intend to write to them and make it clear to them exactly how incompetent the Plusnet faults team is.
I doubt the Plusnet Directors ever read these Forums.
I doubt a letter to Plusnet Towers would ever reach the Chief Executive.
But I am now going to make sure they are made aware of the way their customers are being treated.
furrymunkey
Grafter

Clearly seems that it's following the trend of other ISP's.....dropping our speeds drastically to get more users on the same line, therefore saving them costs. Well fibre optic doesn't come cheap and they have to get funding from somewhere, out of our pockets at the expense of our pathetic speeds. Could someone at plusnet give us an HONEST answer as to what is going on???
There are way too many people with the same problem that isn't getting fixed
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

I couldn't agree more furrymunkey. It seems we are being limited on speed. Is this for plusnet finacial reasons? Who from plusnet can tell us the truth?
furrymunkey
Grafter

We will never know the truth. The only indication we will get is when Plusnet go down the tubes.
Sky ran this same scenario of speed clamping for months on connect customers and that was the reason I left them. This is so so similar m8
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Well I get my MAC key tomorrow. Perhaps the only solution is to vote with our feet. I too left sky to join plusnet!
I just want an ISP I can trust. If such a company exists!
These guys are currently top of my list as they guarantee to correct line issues when you switch to them:
http://aaisp.net.uk/broadband.html
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Can somebody at plusnet please advise when you were actually successful in correcting a consistency fail?
I can see no recent evidence that you have been able to do so for anyone!
Plusnet staff have advised numerous customers to wait 2 hours (or in my case intially 72 hours). But not once does it seem to have corrected the mismatch
on the two BT systems!
When will somebody at plusnet admit  this is becoming a serious problem? Or are you capping speeds?
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Hi Adam
Can you please discuss this consistency fail with jojo as she has customers with the same problem which she is not able to get fixed.
I find it incredible that plusnet & BT between them are unable to correct this problem.
I get the feeling there are a large number of plusnet customers out there who are not even aware they have this problem. I have been advised it is a common probelm on ADSL2+.
Or is somemone capping the speeds?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

cornwallsurfer,
There really is no conspiracy at play here we want every one to get the best out of your service.
I get the feeling there are a large number of plusnet customers out there who are not even aware they have this problem

We do deal with consistency failures and fix them regularly and I'm not even sure that is the issue at hand here. Rest assured if it is I know what to do. It's also worth bearing in mind that only a few of these customers actively use this forum.
Please have a little more patience and I'll look over your account again shortly before getting back to you with what we believe to be the next step.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
cornwallsurfer,
It's also worth bearing in mind that only a few of these customers actively use this forum.

Hi Adam
That also works both ways and I do beleive there will be a number of plusnet customers out there who are not aware they have a consistency failure as they do not use these forums.
I just hope that after almost six weeks these profile problems can now be fixed prompltly.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can somebody at plusnet please advise when you were actually successful in correcting a consistency fail?
I can see no recent evidence that you have been able to do so for anyone!

Possibly now I hope,  I spoke to BT about this about 1 hour ago. Once done these can take a couple of hours to take effect so can you sit tight for another hour and then test the speed again please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thank you.
Fingers crossed!
This will be the 4th attempt at correcting a conistancy fail in the last couple of weeks.
Previoulsly Plusnet faults have tried twice and so has Matt Taylor.
So I hope you are more sucessfull than all of the previous attempts! Perhaps you know something the others don't!
Also jojo has attempted several corrections of consistancy fails without success.
And each time everyone has been told to allow 2 hours only to find nothing has been corrected.
I will use the BT Speedtest after work.
Hopefully I can then give you some good news.  Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Previoulsly Plusnet faults have tried twice and so has Matt Taylor.
So I hope you are more sucessfull than all of the previous attempts! Perhaps you know something the others don't!
Also jojo has attempted several corrections of consistancy fails without success.

We all have the same channels open to us to do this and I don't think the issue lies at this side from what I can tell so far. We are investigating an issue with these but I won't assume anything and will wait to hear back from you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Hi Adam
I do understand. Just getting increasingly frustrated.  Lips_are_sealed
Just one question. Do I need to power down the router as I see cwlveats (who also has a consistency fail) on the Broadband and Routers Forum has been advised to do by your faults team. Nobody has ever asked me to do this?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I do understand. Just getting increasingly frustrated

Don't worry, you'd never tell Wink
With regards to powering down your router you don't need to but you can if you like, some people do advise that to be on the safe side.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team