cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's halo has gone rusty and sour grapes too!

James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet's halo has gone rusty and sour grapes too!

Quote from: paulo
I have an ongoing (years) problem with the underground cable that feeds my property.  I am the sole user of the cable and it runs under land owned by me and a local farmer.  Although I am the only subscriber on this calble and it runs under private land it does belong to and is maintained by BT (Openreach)  Every few months the cable goes dis because of cattle and tractors etc running over the cable and I have to call out BT to repair it.    If I started paying line rental to PN instead of BT as I would by useing PN home phone then I would have to report cable faults to PN and not BT.  This I think would give me less control over getting the cable fix, which is difficult enough, as it would introduce a third party (PN)

Paul - Just to be clear on this.  BT Retail have to report faults to Openreach in the same way that we do, so there should be no advantage fault wise for being with Retail over PN.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So are you saying that PN now offer free call diversion to a mobile when the line is down just like BT?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Jelv I thought that would come as standard.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
So are you saying that ....

No, re-read it Jelv.
Jameseh has *only* stated that having the phone line with PN would gain no less, nor no more priority than a fault raised by BT themselves (as OR provide the line, and BTr would contact BTw for a fix, who would contact BTo to do the actually repair

This I think would give me less control over getting the cable fix, which is difficult enough, as it would introduce a third party (PN)

Hes just stated that PN is not a "third party" it just replaces one of the already present parties.
Regards
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I realise that. I think it is important that people know why, if they have a problem with their phone, it is far better to have your phone with BT than with Plusnet.
I also suspect that BT (from what I've seen on these forums) are a lot quicker than Plusnet at raising the fault with BTw.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Not much use as they'd have to raise it with OR Wink
I honestly have no information I could give you based on how quickly we raise faults to OR versus Retail, however we're now training more and more of our agent on how to raise a phone fault, so that any delays in the interim can be reduced where possible.