cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet take great steps in aid of Sport Relief

We're no strangers when it comes to doing our bit for charity and this year's Sport Relief was no different. A couple of weeks ago, the beloved Finance Team here at Plusnet climbed to great lengths and managed to raise an impressive £900 for the cause.  The Plusnet Finance Team Oh, and did I mention it involved our Finance Director dressing as an overweight ballerina? A week ago last Wednesday, eight members of our Finance Department took it in turns to spend *all day* climbing up and down the staircase here at Plusnet Towers and trust me, that's no mean feat! In total, 69,120 steps were climbed which equates to around 20,000ft - the equivalent of climbing up Mount Kilamanjiro and then back down again! A rather sore and tired Andy Wilson - who wore a blow-up ballerina outfit during his leg of the climb - said after the event:

“We’re tired and emotional and some of us won’t be walking normally in the foreseeable days to come!  But it’s been a great team effort and I’d like to thank everyone who sponsored us in this challenge.”

Needless to say, Andy and his team were forgiven for taking the lift the day after! You’ll find a few more pics of the event over on our Flickr photostream. Have you done something unusual for charity recently? If so, share your story with us below ...

0 Thanks
0 Comments