cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub 2 replacement

SimonEv

Plusnet Hub 2 replacement

Hi

I have just had Full Fibre installed (Full Fibre 900) after many years of poor broadband down my phone line !!

I currently have the Plusnet Hub 2 connected and wifi speeds are obviously far faster than I am used to.

During the fibre installation the open-reach engineer did say that I will get faster WIFI speeds around the house if I upgraded the router. Unfortunately, he didn't make any recommendations for an alternative router.

I am not particularly knowledgeable about these sort of things and after looking on amazon I am overwhelmed with the amount of router options and what is suitable.

Can anybody recommend a device that I can simply plug in that can perform better than the Plusnet Hub 2 ?Huh

Many thanks

Simon

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

Re: Plusnet Hub 2 replacement

@SimonEv 

While I can't recommend any routers I understand that you currently wouldn't get more than around 400 down using current WiFi.

To get more you'd need a unit that supports WiFi 6 and devices that support WiFI 6.

Brian

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@SimonEv 

Another thing to consider at this time before buying anything is - do you have any WiFi "dead" spots around the house?

This could influence what equipment you buy.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@SimonEv wrote:

Can anybody recommend a device that I can simply plug in that can perform better than the Plusnet Hub 2 ?Huh

Every third party router that you buy have to be configured so there is no plug and play option. However if you advise a preferred device we can hwlp with this aspect.

To be honest, at these speeds you are unlikely to get the full benefit from wireless. If you really need 900Mbps and do not want to spend an arm and a leg getting the best wireless speed practicable then you need to run an Ethernet cable to these high speed devices.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Full Fibre to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'