cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to temporarily suspend Port Forwarding for a specific rule (i.e. Lock/Unlock)

JohnAtPheasant

How to temporarily suspend Port Forwarding for a specific rule (i.e. Lock/Unlock)

I use the PlusNet Hub Two router Port Forwarding to link to a backend Tomcat Server and all works as expected.

The router I replaced this with (TP-Link) had an option to 'Lock | Unlock' a specific Port Forwarding rule. This was useful as could leave it in a Locked state except for when I wanted to access Tomcat as part of my development. 

I can't seem to find a similar option for the PlusNet router, only to delete the rule and re-enter it each time. While not a lot of work, seems a bit clunky if there is a way to Lock | Unlock a rule.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

Re: How to temporarily suspend Port Forwarding for a specific rule (i.e. Lock/Unlock)

@JohnAtPheasant welcome to the community,

the option does not exist, might I suggest you change the target IP Address to one that is not used?

HTH

JohnAtPheasant

Re: How to temporarily suspend Port Forwarding for a specific rule (i.e. Lock/Unlock)

Hi Dan, thanks for the confirmation. I thought that it wasn't there as UI didn't seem to lend itself to that option. I keep Tomcat inactive anyway but nice to have the extra option of knowing that the port is closed when I don't actually need it. Will probably just keep deleting and adding it back in, just a few more keystrokes but as only need it active once a month or so, not too much extra effort.