cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to return but almost 40 minutes on hold...

Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: Want to return but almost 40 minutes on hold...

I added the Static IP again and then refreshed the page and it showed as being off again.
I then got two emails: the first informing me that the Static IP had been activated and the second to say that it had been removed. Both timed at 17:35
Edit: I'll leave it at off for now Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav

Oops, something strange going on here.
I refreshed the page again to be met with a notice that I have a static IP so assumed perhaps Matt had activated it on my behalf. Another refresh and the it showed as off again. I did this a couple more times to see if the IP addresses changes but it stayed the same each time it showed as on. Just to be clear I did NOT click to activate the Static IP between refreshes.
I also got the relevant emails telling me it's On, Off, On, Off. I think it's Off now but...
lol
I won't touch it again til someone can check what's happening.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well you should get a service notice added to the account each time a static IP is added or removed, but the latest is 6pm last night so there's something going on and it does appear to be adding/removing the IP. I'm wondering (and hoping!) that it's something to do with precached content, and the page that's cached in your browser is the one confirming that the button has been clicked.
If it's not that then we will need to be raising this with our web team Smiley Probably best not adding another IP until we know what's going on there.
Mav

Thank, Matt.
Don't go live till the 12th so some time to get it sorted yet Smiley

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just regarding the above, if you visit that page after clearing cache and cookies does the same thing with the IP messages still happen?
Mav

Just activated from a different PC.  Was given IP address of 212.159.***.**5
I then cleared all PlusNet cookies and refreshed the page and it is showing as not activated again.

Does that help?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Did that include removing all cached content as well? I'm not sure what browser you're using but a lot of them cache content, and if the page was cached *after* you'd hit the button then that would explain why the form is resubmitted every time. I'm hoping to prove that that is what's causing it as otherwise there's a problem with the page itself.
Mav

Hi Matt.
I was using FF.
Just to test things I logged into the portal using IE after clearing the cookies and cache and, lo and behold, it is showjng as a static IP Smiley
The same IP as originally showed in FF earlier.
Back to FF and I deleted cookies and cleared thye cache again and refreshed the page and it still shows as not active.
Does your system show a static IP?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

At present, yes it's showing there's a static IP active as of about 11:20 this morning - fingers crossed that that is correct? Cheesy
Mav

I assume you or a member of your team set it as I haven't touched it since yesterday Smiley
Thanks for sorting this.
A welcome breath of fresh air and can't wait for the 12th Smiley