Did you mean: 

Plusnet are LYING to me

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet are LYING to me

Hi,
I will give you a call in around 30 minutes and we'll get something sorted out for you.
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Hi sorry I missed your call, can you give my landline a ring? The phone is working at least...I kept the same number as before.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I tried to call you again, I've left you a voicemail on your Home Telephone.
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Argh I don't know why I keep missing your calls.
What kind of issue is on my broadband? I did call customer services who said it might take up to midnight Thursday to be activated but when the appointment was made I was told it would be activated at the same time as the phone line.
Interestingly I asked the engineer who came this morning whether he was booked on my initial appointment...he wasn't but he admitted that some engineers look at the job from the outside and if it's too much trouble they don't bother! Outrageous. He did have to lean out of the window to fit the wires but it took him 20 mins, not what I would call a particularly difficult job.  Huh
I hope this is the last time I post on here.
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Can someone please give me an update on my broadband? The last call I received mentioned that external work needed to be done but it would be after the weekend. Has this happened yet?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

This has been chased with our suppliers today.
Unfortunately they have advised us that they still require the routing details from our phone service suppliers before they can progress this order. It will not allow us to place the order until this has been updated, we have requested this on the 5th October and this can take 3 working days to complete.
I will chase this up again later this afternoon.
Chris
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Right so 3 working days will be Thursday? That's 11 weeks now since I've had no internet! I've also received an email notifying me of my direct debit for £19.48 for the 12th - what exactly am I paying for?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for the wait again, this was chased up late yesterday afternoon and again this morning. It still hasn't updated, unfortunately this cannot be pushed any faster to complete.
I will make sure that any differences in what you have paid for and services you have not had are refunded for you.
I will continue to chase this up today for you.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This still hasn't been updated. I will again chase this up first thing in the morning.
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

any news???
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I think he had to go home this morning.  Will chase it up for you.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

No.. I'm being misinformed...  Adam is having a look at this.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm just picking this up in Chris' absence for you.
We've still yet to receive an update from our suppliers about the routing issue which I know to be delaying the broadband order. As we escalated this on Tuesday we need to allow 5 days for a response before we can escalate this further, that takes us to next Tuesday. If we have't received a response by that time we'll look to escalate this to the highest point we can. Hopefully we won't need to and we will have had a response by then.
I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve, I've looked over the notes on your account from the point you originally requested the move and I can see how long you've been waiting and it's not good.
Between Chris and myself we'll ensure we continue to push back hard on our suppliers and we will make sure we credit you for the length of time you've been without service plus we want to make sure a gesture of good will comes your way too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Thank you.
I don't understand what is actually happening anymore.
On the 4th I was told that "the phone line although showing has completed is not yet showing as an active asset against the property preventing the broadband from completing"
On the 5th the message is that the suppliers say "routing needs to be done for your broadband order. External work will be required"
On the 9th "They have stated that they still require the routing details from our phone service suppliers before they can progress this order. They have requested that we allow them until the end of the day to update the systems."
On the 10th "No update in regards to BOSS escalation."
Is my phone showing as an active asset on the property now?
Has the external routing work been done yet?
Have they updated their systems yet?
What is preventing the routing details from passing over to the other suppliers?
Also Chris Pettitt said he would send a router in the post which has still not arrived. I do have the router and modem from my previous fibre broadband in my old property, but like I said in a previous post the engineer left me with just a normal phone socket so I had to go out and get an adapter to fit both the modem and phone. Is this even going to work when/if the dsl broadband is sorted out?
Also if this dsl broadband fiasco ends happily eventually I don't want to bother with the fibre broadband (Chris Pettitt suggested dsl as a stop gap in the meantime waiting for the fibre broadband - was given a install date of 14th November for this) because I can't take anymore of this. If this dsl broadband is so difficult to get I can't envision fibre broadband being any easier.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I don't understand what is actually happening anymore.

I'm sorry we've left you feeling that way, this has been a complex case with lots going on so I'll do my best to summarise for you and address your concerns:

Is my phone showing as an active asset on the property now?
Has the external routing work been done yet?
Have they updated their systems yet?
What is preventing the routing details from passing over to the other suppliers?

These things all relate to the same issue which is preventing the completion of the DSL order at the moment.
The issue with lack of routing records is a knock-on effect from the issue where we don't see an active phone asset listed. In relation to your last question any of the other ISPs that deal with BT Wholesale or Openreach as a supplier would unfortunately be facing the same issue at the moment and they would be party to the same information as we are in relation to this.
Also Chris Pettitt said he would send a router in the post which has still not arrived. I do have the router and modem from my previous fibre broadband in my old property, but like I said in a previous post the engineer left me with just a normal phone socket so I had to go out and get an adapter to fit both the modem and phone. Is this even going to work when/if the dsl broadband is sorted out?

Apologies, I'll check with Chris and get one sent out now for you. I'm not sure what you mean by an adapter though, the only requirement in terms of physical connectivity to the line from a DSL modem or router is to use an ADSL filter, which splits a phone socket to a single phone connection and a DSL connection, we supply two of those with our router.
Also if this dsl broadband fiasco ends happily eventually I don't want to bother with the fibre broadband (Chris Pettitt suggested dsl as a stop gap in the meantime waiting for the fibre broadband - was given a install date of 14th November for this) because I can't take anymore of this. If this dsl broadband is so difficult to get I can't envision fibre broadband being any easier.

I'd agree with that idea. I'm really sorry this has dragged out and we're extremely grateful for your patience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team