cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number

tjoseph

Porting my number

I have requested to port number when I signed up with PN recently. I was told by PN sales team that it is possible to retain the number. I got a mail last week that my number will be transferred from BT to PN next week. I have this number for so many years and I really want to move the number. Is it possible for BT to block the transfer of the number? BT retension team has called several times offer different packages which I refused. Can PN please take action so that number porting go ahead without a glitch?
3 REPLIES 3
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Porting my number

Hello tjoseph,
Generally, as the number is already within the BT Network, it doesn't need to be ported over. There isn't really any reason why BT would block you from taking it with you, as we have access to use the telephone number.
This problem is only likely to be an issue if the number is outside of the BT Network and not on BT Openreach's database.
Looking at your order, it has been placed and is committed with the number you've supplied at sign up. If there were any issues with taking the number over, we'd have found out by now.
Hope this helps,
Matt
tjoseph

Matt,
Thanks for the reassuring  note.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No worries at all Smiley