Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone since saturday

beaky32
Grafter

No Phone since saturday

Hi
I have logged a call , but my phone line is down and has been since Sat Night...
No dial tone....and broadband speed is down from 7 meg to 0.7 Meg...
I can only phone on my mobile which tells me there is a 30 minute wait...
I have elderly Parents in law , who may need to get in touch with me
I have had no text or message since I reported it yesterday...
Help ?
Thanks
beaky32
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: No Phone since saturday

Hi Beaky32,
It can take 72 hours to get the problem to BTOR.  The call centre(s) are unfortunately over loaded due I suspect to the high level of BTOR faults and failure to attend issues which abound here on the forums.
You might get some traction on this issue by going through the broadband fault checker at faults.plus.net - as that is automated for braodband faults, where as pure phone line faults can only be reported via the call centre or a ticket.  If it detectes a phone line fault, I'm given to understand that it automatically raises a fault report to BTOR.  Note you do not need to run the fault checker on the phone line which has the fault.  You can run the fault checker from anywhere, just ensure that you have the number of the faulty line to check what the automated tester reports.
HTH.
PS: You could get your PILs to phone your mobile and hang up so that you can call them back.  That does not cost them anything and allows communication to contine, indeed it would enable them to contact you in an emergency wherever you are, home phone working or not.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@beaky32
Sorry to hear about the fault with your service. I can see we've logged the fault with our suppliers and expect a response by the 20th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beaky32
Grafter

This is the first problem I have ever had with Plusnet....excellent service otherwise...
Will wait until Saturday to see what happens...
Been brilliant up til now , so I can wait a few days if necessary...
Thanks for the replies..
Beaks
beaky32
Grafter

Well BTOW came today and fixed whatever was wrong, left a note through the door...
2 Days early...
Thanks Plusnet and BTOW...Very pleased with the service....
Regards
Beaky