cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone who has gone from BT to Plusnet what is your opinion

zedingrove
Grafter

Re: Anyone who has gone from BT to Plusnet what is your opinion

OK no need for more replies have taken the plunge and opted for PN phone...
Thanks to all for your replies....  Wink
BRABUS
Grafter

Quote from: jorvikmik
Looks like I am going to have to back down and pay a year in advance with BT and pay the £25 to madasafish once I have found a hosting company that looks reliable.

Try www.dream-hosting.co.uk ; I have been using them for years now with no issues.  They are £17.99 a year for upto 5 domains with unlimited traffic.  The move to PN is well worth it and so much easier to contact and deal with than BT.
kitkat
Grafter

I was with BT for as long as I can remember. I was not on the internet at that time with them and resented paying the £5 for the paper billing. 
I phoned them myself telling them I was changeing to Plusnet. I was ask why? and told them it was all down to money and also their bad service.  I got a letter a few days later saying ,that they were sorry to see me leave because I was a valued customer. Then to finish off,They said my bill would be forwarded within a few days times. if another payment was due then to pay it straight away or it would be put in the hands of a debt collection agency. You couln't make it up, then I got a refund of £20. Glad to be shot of them. Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm not defending BT but this is so much a general 'large business' problem.  Once they get over a 'certain size' they seem to forget that their customers are individuals who are actually important to the future of their business.  I  desperately hope that PlusNet don't reach that 'certain size' too soon.  Having said that, the 'certain size' is different from company to company and, in my opinion, PlusNet seem to still be on track and focused on the individual customer.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
zedingrove
Grafter

Reckon BT are having problems as currently they are placed 358 in the Fortune 500 but 6 years ago were placed 162.
Forbes ranked BT 136 in 2006 now 164
I think you might be safe with PN not becoming a power company. Unless Tesco buys them out.... Currently ranked 59
Interesting BP is ranked 4th  biggest revenue in the world!
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: kitkat
I was with BT for as long as I can remember. I was not on the internet at that time with them and resented paying the £5 for the paper billing. 

Me too! Having left BT for Plusnet mid June (and received my final bill - also a rebate), I was recently phoned by BT with the same question "why are you leaving?" -when I explained that I had long gone, the guy from Bangaluru insisted that I was wrong and that I was still a BT customer and had time to change my mind before " I made a big mistake"!!! Grin
Mind you, they got their own back - a couple of days later BT Openreach changed my phone number by "mistake" - BUT Plusnet C/Services got it sorted very quickly Smiley - suspect I would STILL be explaining the problem to our Eastern friends. Grin
James
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Standard system is for you to keep the number - I think there is a charge for changing it except in special circumstances

We are charged £35.85 wholesale to do so (which is exactly what we charge our customers).