cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM reset please

j-a-c

DLM reset please

Hi

Could one of the Plusnet team please request a DLM reset is actioned on my connection.

My neighbour had a number of broadband issues at the back end of last year that were eventually traced to an underground cable that had to be dug up and repaired.

What has that to do with my connection you may ask?  Well up until Openreach turning up in their vans mob-handed I had a pretty solid connection for months.  Then over the next few hours whilst the engineers were doing their thing (opening street cabinets, checking wiring, running diagnostics / line card resets) on what was meant to be my neighbours connection I could see what looked to be a series of disconnection / connection events on my router.   Previously my router would connect at between 38000 and 40000kbps downstream and the connection was pretty stable.  After that period of unusual connection cycling it stuck at 34999kbps despite the router stats continuing to reflect that the connection can support a connection at 40000kbps.

I suspect they may have done some sort of diagnostics on my line (possibly in error) and DLM may have interpreted that as a problem and has banded my connection to 35Mb  Now I've got some clear air post-Christmas I've looked into my line stats and they are still reasonably solid (as attached) so I can't see any obvious reason why it shouldn't be connecting at 40Mb apart from DLM locking the speed.

I did call Plusnet support but the nice guy who took my call didn't know what DLM was so I aborted that route pretty quickly and have come back to the forum.

When you have teenagers at home every Mb of downstream bandwidth matters so could a DLM reset please be requested for my line.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
j-a-c

Re: DLM reset please

Sorry - forgot to add the BT Wholesale checker stats for my line, now attached.

Thanks.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Thanks for getting back to me @j-a-c, I appreciate it.

I have tested your line and the speed has been banded to 35Mbps and I have requested this to be removed.

It should be unbanded within 72 hours and our faults team will confirm when it has completed on the ticket here.

Please get back to me if you are still having any problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
j-a-c

Hi SammyM

Many thanks for picking up and actioning this one.

I'll keep an eye on the ticket / connection and update you in due course.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Sounds like a plan, let us know how it goes Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
j-a-c

Hi SammyM / Gandalf

Thanks for your help on this one, got a more positive update for you.

At the back end of last week my VDSL connection speed jumped back up to a smidgen under 40Mbps and has remained that way since so it looks like the DLM banding change you requested was actioned by Openreach (pretty much on the 72 hour deadline).

It's been connected at the higher speed since then with no errors / dropouts which is promising, will flag back if that changes.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Heya, awesome and cheers for the update!

Fingers crossed speed stays where it is now, but feel free to get back to us if you do need any further help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet