cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing emails rejected

SimonC
Dabbler

Outgoing emails rejected

I've been sending emails using K9-mail on my Android phone with no issues for years, until today. Getting a variety of errors including "authentication rejected as source IP has a poor reputation" . Settings appear unchanged and I can send fine from WebMail.
Any suggestions to troubleshoot?
Cheers, S.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Outgoing emails rejected

This is exactly what it says on the tin: the mobile network IP address acquired by your device is deemed suspect - probably abused by same previous user.  Put the device into aeroplane mode for 5 minutes, then reconnect and hope you get a different IP address.

If this is on your home network, then the same applies to the dynamic IP address allocated to your router.  Switch the router off for at least 90 minutes to acquire a different dynamic IP address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SimonC
Dabbler

Resolved itself. Got a bit busy yesterday so not done anything re suggestions from @Townman. Seems to be working fine today.
S.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Two possibilities - the IP address came out of quarantine or your connection changed and you got a different IP address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.