cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish PlusNet had kept their Business Packages

Grff
Grafter

Wish PlusNet had kept their Business Packages

Kind of wished PlusNet had kept their business packages, had no issues, things just worked, and good customer service too. It was suggested we move to BT, where we would have a hands on expert to help with the install, a static IP address, and a good price.  What a pain in the rear it's been.

1) Activation: Was told an 'expert' would be out to our remote office to put the router into bridged mode to work with our SonicWall on activation day. The activation day arrived, old connection off, no one form BT turned up, I went back and forth between Sales and Tech mentioning I was sold it on the proviso that someone would come out, in the end kept getting told "I can see an engineer has been out and the line is activated".  "I know that it's active, it's the router that needs reconfiguring".  In the end after almost a day of a remote office being offline, I talked the remote non-tech office through bridging the modem and configuring our UTM device to work with it.

2) IP and connections.  Was told it had a static IP.  It didn't, had to get back in touch and get it added, to which things needed reconfiguring again.  Then discovered it's obviously a recycled IP (expected though) and that some other external device was trying to constantly create a VPN to us. BT couldn't block the IP, so I had to do the detective work myself and track down the owner of the IP and speak to them, where it turned out one of their customers was still trying to VPN to the IP.

3) All I wanted was to have invoices/bills emailed to our finance department. Tried the online chat from my account, explained what I wanted, "sorry I'm not corporate, can't help you. ring this number".  I ring the number, spend 10 minutes going round the menu system, eventually speak to someone who has trouble understanding what I want, "Same sorry, I'm not corporate accounts story, I'll transfer you". I get someone else after being on hold, go through the account verification rigmarole to get, "Sorry, that's not possible to do, your finance department can register their own account and download them each month". Lovely, just what our finance department will want to do.

As soon as the contract is up, we're getting shot of them. Even if it's paying for a leased line. Had PlusNet with home connections since dial-up, and business for years. Wish they still did their business packages.

1 REPLY 1
kehall
Hooked

Re: Wish PlusNet had kept their Business Packages

Agreed. I can't see why they couldn't have kept loyal longstanding customers on (even if sharing residential support services). It all stinks of a landgrab by BT and from your and my experience may easily backfire as customers go outside of the BT realm for a better experience.

Once the 'special pricing' is exhausted after the first term, it'll be back to the normal expensive BT top rate pricing.

I personally am affected by this in two ways, one is that the business accounts currently enjoy a block of IP addresses (/29 subnet), very specific technical reasons. The pricing from BT did not include this, and would be an extra £12 + VAT per month (!).. even a single static IP would be another £6. I mean, every line HAS to have an IP, right? so this is just simply profiteering.

The second way it affects me is the referrals system where my personal account enjoys a discount in return for giving PlusNet further custom. I suspect this will disappear too.

Our contract is in term until later in 2024.

I wonder what costs could be claimed from the direct consequences of them breaking the contract (such as having to pay extra for the remaining months with another supplier, setup fees, loss of referrals etc)??