cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop sell

FIXED
Sidney

Stop sell

As Plusnet are discontinuing their business service I have received emails about migrating tp another supplier but am confused about what's happening. I'm in an area which does not offer fibre broadband so have very limited options.
I'm still contracted till June 2024 with Plusnet, just a simple broadband and line rental, I do not have a phone so the landline is never used.

If I don't migrate before the 5th of September will I not be able to get a new service with any other provider? The way I understand it is that would be a "new service", which it says are not being sold.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Re: Stop sell

Fix

@Sidney the 'stop sell' on the 5th Sept is only for WLR (Wholesale line rental) i.e phone service. Copper based broadband products , SoGEA ( FTTC without a phone service ) and SoTAP ( ADSL without phone ) will still be available where FTTP is NOT available.

Since you dont use your landline you will still be able to order a suitable ( for you ) service.

See here https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/the-all-ip-programme/stopsell-updates/ for details ( although it does take some understanding! )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sidney

Thank you!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

No problem, just dont expect any SoGEA or SoTAP product to be significantly cheaper than the current FTTC or ADSL products which include a phone service. They still require the copper line to be maintained, which in turn requires paying for !!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.