Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer away from Plusnet

FIXED
DaveDoc
Dabbler

Domain transfer away from Plusnet

I don't see a ticket option to start a domain transfer away from Plusnet. Can somebody advise please.

Thanks,

Dave

10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Domain transfer away from Plusnet

@SeanD - FYI ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveDoc
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Townman, but when I click on the "PN Ticket" option after Sign-in, it only shows me the Help Assistant, saying You currently have no open questions. I don't see a way to make a new ticket.

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Dave,

Indeed there is not.  There needs to be a user process for this.  The tag above is to illuminate an on-going discussion.

One of the forum staff will need to pick this up ... or you could phone support (phone answering is very prompt these days) and hope that the front line guys knows what you are requesting.  They see comparatively few such requests and experience has therefore been variable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveDoc
Dabbler

Hi Townman,

Thanks for the info and contributing to this thread, hopefully a staff member will jump in.
Dave

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey there @DaveDoc I have created a ticket here in which I just need a reply and the ball will start rolling.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveDoc
Dabbler

We have entered the required details on to the ticket.

Thanks Will for your help.

Kind regards,

Dave

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers Dave, Not a problem at all. I'm not back until Tuesday now but I should have an update by then!

Have a great weekend.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey there Dave (@DaveDoc) all sorted out for you now. Smiley

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveDoc
Dabbler

Hi Will thank you for sorting the domain transfer. I see it is still pointing to the Plusnet webspace, do I need to change the DNS records or does Plusnet do that?

Thanks,

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

@DaveDoc 

This is a multi-step journey...

1. You transfer away the domain's REGISTRATION which gives you access to the name server configuration (DNS)
  2. You need to establish a HOSTING service which runs email and / or web services
  3. You point your registration provider's DNS to your new hosting services
  4. You then change the name server on the domain registration to point to the new hosting services

You might have all of the above in one basket, but you might not, so it helps to understand the concepts.

Until your new services are commissioned, the new DNS server is pointing to them, although you have moved the registration, nothing will change until you change the name severs.

Plusnet will do, does not need to do anything with the existing DNS records.