cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade: Broadband Plus to PlusNet Unlimited

mickolas

Upgrade: Broadband Plus to PlusNet Unlimited

Last night I decided to upgrade my broadband account from Broadband Plus to PlusNet Unlimited using the "upgrade" feature in the "Account Summary" section.  I followed the process through and the last message I received was that the upgrade would take place on the next billing date (11/09/09).
I haven't received any communication regarding my order status or anything confirming my upgrade.  Neither have I received any communication in respect of any hardware upgrade (am I entitled to a free modem? The product info stated I should be; but I am not sure)
Do I have to do anything else? Should I assume that the upgrade was successful?
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upgrade: Broadband Plus to PlusNet Unlimited

In order to get the free router etc. you need to sign up for an 18 month contract otherwise it would be a 12 month contract
If you go to My Questions and select questions in the last 7 days you may find it there
mickolas

Hi thanks for the response
I checked my questions and found this:
This Customer has chosen to downgrade from "PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb (Monthly Contract, Basic Wireless Bundle, Activation Offer)" to "Plusnet Unlimited" on their next invoice date (11-09-2009)
I had no idea I was downgrading!  There is no indication as to how long my contract is going to be.  I have no objection to an 18 month contract - I have been with Plus Net since 2005 and have no reason to switch.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I suggest you raise a ticket referring to that one asking either for confirmation you are on a 12 month contract or, if you want the free router, asking for a free router (note there is a postage and packing charge) with an 18 month contract.
mickolas

Thanks again Oldjim! Done as you suggested.  Let's see what happens.
James
Grafter

Mickolas,
We can reduce the contract length if you are not taking hardware.
However, we can't do this until your account change has happened, so let me know once it's done and I'll sort things out for you.
mickolas

Jameseh,
Thanks for responding.  I don't mind the 18 month contract and I believe payment has already been deducted for the P & P for the 4 point wireless router.  I have left the ticket open until the router arrives.
I really appreciate how quick the responses have been.
mickolas

The router arrived today! Much quicker than expected.  Very impressed with PlusNet's customer service.