cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) ????

micksharpe43
Dabbler

UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) ????

When im online gaming (COD) my NAT type is strict, but when im on my barracks and I use my bt broadband my NAT type is open, how do I change this UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)? this is what is says on the website...
Log into your router and turn on UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), most routers have this option in the Administration tab.
The goal is to have an OPEN NAT in order to host Spec Ops games and get a wider selection of MP matches to join.
Also ensure that under your security options that Anonymous NAT Redirection is allowed and is not filtered. This may also be referred to as 'Filter InternetNAT Redirection' - in which case you want this disabled.
Thanks for any feedback
16 REPLIES 16
micksharpe43
Dabbler

Re: UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) ????

also this "administration tab" isnt as easy as my "bt home hub settings" lol cant seem to find a hub settins for my "thomson" router
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
UPnP doesn't seem to work so well for BF3/MW3 but we have published a guide on how to improve performance on those games here: http://community.plus.net/library/gaming/increasing-gaming-compatability-with-the-thomson-tg585v8-xb...
Hope that helps, please let us know if not.
micksharpe43
Dabbler

this worked a treat mate, I am now OPEN  Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news Smiley
micksharpe43
Dabbler

onlt thing is now is that yesterday it was open today it back to strict NAT again :(, will I have to do the same process every day?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI micksharpe43,
We've seen this happen a few times, but we've now got a way around that. I can do it for you remotely, just give me a few mins.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Done Smiley
micksharpe43
Dabbler

Hi, how you do that, says now I cant login to MW3 :S also it wouldnt let my sign onto Playstation network for a while.....
micksharpe43
Dabbler

right its now let me sign onto MW3 and my NAT type is still STRICT, I will try what ive done before with the previous link and if that doesnt work it say....so 5 mins...
micksharpe43
Dabbler

so now I am NAT type open, any suggestions if tomorrow my NAT type is strict again? apart from the same procedure...many thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi micksharpe43,
From what we know this should stay open now, if it doesn't let me know. We have seen issues when torrents were run but that tended to be just happening on the first update, not the one I just did.
Jojo Smiley
micksharpe43
Dabbler

well jo, another day has gone by and my NAT type has returned back to STRICT Sad      I will just do the same update as before..... but getting pretty fed up with this not so good router.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI micksharpe43,
that's very odd, it seems to have worked for the others. I'll ask our router guru to check it out for you.
Jojo Smiley
micksharpe43
Dabbler

im OPEN now as ive done the first update again