cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problem

mikshouse

Speed problem

I've had slow speeds (and NO speeds) for a few weeks now. Raised tickets for BB faults and phone faults but still no joy. Plusnet have had BT check the line and they said there isn't a fault. Yesterday PN rang me and the phone was clear of noise and my speed was up to 1.9Mb. I left the router connected to the test socket for a couple of hours and all was well. Then I moved the router back to my workstation and checked the speed again, no drop in speed. Stayed connected all day, received several phone calls, no noise on the line and no problems with BB speed. Got a phone call about 7 and heard the dreaded noise on the line again. Went to check the internet and the connection had dropped again.
Plugged the router into the test socket again and only got a flashing DSL light. Got fed up waiting so I rang PN, waited half an hour for someone to speak to me. Mentioned that the forums had quite a few people writing about bad speeds and noisy lines, the guy said he didn't know about it being an issue and I thought I must be lying to him! During the conversation I checked the router and found DSL and internet lights on steady. As soon as I hung up I checked again and it was back to a flashing DSL light and no internet.
He told me that it might be sorted out on Monday, so much for 21st century tech!! I'll give it 'til then and if its sorted Plusnet gets a reprieve, if not I'll be asking for a MAC key and take my chances with Zen.
I've been with PN since 2005 and not had any probs but this has taken too long and tested my patience too much.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) I've taken the liberty of splitting off your post into a new thread to raise it's profile.
1 REPLY 1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed problem

Hi mikshouse,
I've tested the line and raised the fault for you, we should have an update on the ticket shortly.