Recent AAISP news release...

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Recent AAISP news release...

http://status.aaisp.net.uk/apost.cgi?incident=1313
The relevant bit is...
21CN BRAS steps
It seems BT are not longer running the BRAS rate limiters for 21CN lines (ADSL and FTTC) in the distinct 1M steps as before. It appears that the rate limiting is the line rate now.
Again, without a clear briefing, we cannot be sure this is all 21CN lines yet, but it seems to be the case on the ones we have checked.
The main impacts of this are (a) you do not lose up to a megabit because of the BRAS rate being in distinct steps, and (b) you do not have to have to wait after a sync speed change for BT to apply a new BRAS rate (can take hours). Also, of course, all of the possible error cases where the BRAS rate does not match no longer apply.
What we have changed
The main change we have made today (13th Dec) is that for 21CN lines we are no longer applying the BRAS rate update messages we get from BT but instead we are now using the rate we get when you connect. This will take effect next time you connect and show the rate on your control pages as the BRAS rate. Some BT tests still report the old BRAS rate system in the logs though. We will probably do an LNS upgrade at the weekend meaning all 21CN lines will update, but if you want this sooner you just need a PPP kill on your line to pick up the new speed.

I take all this to mean that BT line profiles are a thing of the past. Is this correct? And if so, does it also apply to PN's service?
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Recent AAISP news release...

Quote from: nozzer
I take all this to mean that BT line profiles are a thing of the past. Is this correct? And if so, does it also apply to PN's service?

You might want to make yourself a cup of tea and have a read of the thread here Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Recent AAISP news release...

mod:note
Locked in favour of existing thread.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'