Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPWD Speed Problem

rhohne
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: RPWD Speed Problem

Is it my imagination, or is it due to an out of focus picture, but has the PCB suffered from water damage?
Please connect the filter to the socket that Jim circled to see if there is any improvement in your stats.
rpwd
Grafter

thank you as well, rhohne. as we can see from the two pictures i've uploaded. the filter is originally plunged into the one Jim circled.
I upload second one because plusnet staff and Joanne asked me for a 'test socket' line check. I have took the faceplate off of the socket on the wall (pic 1), it gave the PCB in picture 2.
It's clear that there is no 'test socket' for my situation.
the newest speed test is:
Test completed successfully
Download Speed (Mbps): 0.14
just terrible.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To be clear
Your first picture was with the filter plugged into the master socket.
When you removed the lower part of the faceplate it exposed the test socket
You need to plug the filter into the test socket and the router into the filter and leave it there.
The effect of this is that all the other wiring (which is your responsibility) is isolated and if there are still problems it is due to the connection to the exchange which is BT's responsibility.
Once this has been done Jojo can initiate a reset and see if the problems return
Until this is done your speeds will stay abysmal
rpwd
Grafter

thank you, Jim. You can see in the two picture, they are exactly the same sockets there. There is ONLY ONE socket in the TWO pictures.
the PCB exposed picture is the one I have the faceplate taken off. They are really the SAME socket. No other socket at all. No faceplate can be taken off any more.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Now that is unusual
It also answers the question - you don't have a test socket.
Now all we need to do is to wait for Jojo to remove the banding
rpwd
Grafter

yes Jim, yesterday I've said that it seemed there was no test socket for my case. however, it worth a try. at least I can confirm that there is no test socket at all.
let's see what Jojo can do tomorrow. finger cross~
rpwd
Grafter

wake up early and wait for the response
rpwd
Grafter

still waiting
rpwd
Grafter

do you know if the staff work today? no one response any more.
yesterday I was not at home when they called. My wife told them to call back today. No body called although I am waiting at home for the whole day.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry about the delay in response. We've made an attempt to remove the banding to improve the speed, but it looks like it might be the PCB in your socket that needs replacing to resolve the fault so we need to get an engineer out, but to do that we need to raise a fault which is currently delayed because the phone fault is still open.
We're chasing that and will update you shortly, I'll see where we're at with it and get back to you.
rpwd
Grafter

thank you so much for your reply. I will wait at home. Would you please give me a call before you send engineer out?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I believe one of our faults agents has now been in touch to arrange a visit with you? Hope everything is all alright.
rpwd
Grafter

Thank you Matt. One staff has contacted me for arranging an engineer visit soon. The customer service is fantastic.
rpwd
Grafter

I am so angry to reply again. Yesterday I received an SMS said an engineer appointment had been made successfully for today. I waited at home for the whole day from 7am till now.  NO engineer, NO SMS, NO call, NO email - oh right, NO broadband at all. They just left their customer like that. Thank god, the connect came back 10 mins before, so that I could sit down to write this post.
So disappointed. Even after I tried to update the engineer information at 12.00 noon, they just responded 'it's 12.00 now, your appointment is 8am-1pm. There's 1 hour left. Just be patient and keep waiting.' So I wasted another 8 hours to wait for nobody. Poor speed has brothered me for months, it will stay with me this Easter. What a pity!

rpwd
Grafter

Is there anyone know how to change the default DNS for Thomson 585 v8? The DNS can be looked, however there is no interface for users to change it.
Currently my DNS is 212.159.6.10 and 212.159.6.9, not the one in the instruction page 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50.