cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Survey?(SOLVED)

scootie
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Customer Survey?

am with jelv i want to opt out of having any email address on my account being handed to 3 rd party companys (protection in place or not from them using the address how they want)
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mand
I'm still waiting on more info as I said earlier

What you said earlier was that you would check on Monday, as its now Wednesday I think its time to give us some information. I think all this is having a rather bad smell about it
NickRawlings

Hi
I am Commercial and Marketing Director at Plusnet (for about the last 6 months), and involved in putting this survey together.
The plan is simply to speak to customers who have recently joined Plusnet, to understand what they did and didn't like about our products and service, with a view to making improvements.
I can confirm that ICM were only supplied with a selection of contact details (no account details or other data) to conduct the survey. They will erase this info from their database when the research project is finished (before the end of the year) in line with our and BT Groups' very strict data protection policy. Equally, we (at plusnet) will not see individual responses, just the collated results, and will not try and sell you anything on the back of the responses. As some of the posts above point out, this is the best way to make the results unbaised.
Feedback from all sources, including forums is really important to us, but we will not comprimise your data in trying to get it.
Taking on board the feedback in this thread, we will exclude anybody who has opted out of marketing in future surveys, to give you the choice of whether to participate or not.
Thanks
Nick
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: NickRawlings
... we will exclude anybody who has opted out of marketing in future surveys, to give you the choice of whether to participate or not.

Force9 customers who are opted in to marketing won't receive it anyway Nick unless that's been fixed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

Strat, it's sent to new customers, and you can't sign up to Force9 anymore.
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for your reply and assurances Nick, much appreciated
Strat
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mand
Strat, it's sent to new customers, and you can't sign up to Force9 anymore.

..but do f9 customers like myself receive marketing emails? Smiley
BTW Sorry about the Forum name but I didn't start it Embarrassed
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

IIRC we sorted the data issues with the last newsletter, so hopefully you will get marketing emails in future.
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks Mand Smiley
Sorry for taking up your valuable time Embarrassed
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks nick,so after your words of reassurance i decided id give the survey a go,seems you have enough people in my category,got as far as adding my date of birth and that was that,i assume i will still be eligible for the prize though?
Perhaps future surveys could have a pn logo or something instead of a very simple e-mail as it looked like a dodgy e-mail to me.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: NickRawlings
BT Groups' very strict data protection policy

Is that the same policy that in secret trials gifted many personal details about people to an advertising company with links back to Russia and previous form as a pusher of insidious root kits?
If that's all that is protecting our interests we should all be very, very worried!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scootie
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Customer Survey?(SOLVED)

echo what jelv (in hidding) say's BT group have showen there scant dis regard for these rules all ready
p,s jelv it will take more than hidding your username to throw bt group of the scent of your personal infomation
petejackson
Grafter

Jelv, as Nick said, ICM will adhere to ours and BT's policy of data protection.  We take protection of customer data very seriously indeed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Customer Survey?(SOLVED)

Peter,
You don't seem to realise that BT Retail is a very tarnished brand. They've still not categorically stated that they will never implement the spying system that they secretly trialled.
This post on another forum is a pretty accurate comment on the phrase "and BT Groups' very strict data protection policy".
Quote from: RobertJ
What's wrong with that sentence? BT DO have a very strict data protection policy. They are very strict about absolutely ignoring the law, ignoring customers and keeping things from the ICO. It's cast iron. They have NEVER varied from it. Absolutely consistent. And they DO protect their customers' data very strictly. They make absolutely sure that if it can be monetised it IS monetised. They are careful it isn't wasted by being kept anonymous. They are very strict about that.

Source
If you want to debate this I suggest you register on those forums and post there. There's a bunch of people on those forums who I'm sure would be very keen to engage you in a discussion on BT's business ethics.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)