cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help - speed issues slow pages etc.

Mav
Fixes: 516

Please help - speed issues slow pages etc.

Everything has seemed much slower for the last couple of days.
Today web pages can take an age to appear, downloads extremely slow (even well before midday - I'm on Unlimited) and everything seems sluggish.
The latest BT Speedtest result  and stats are below.
I have been waiting ages for the Status page to appear.
Phone is plugged into master socket (no test socket available). New filters, was using Thomson router now using Netgear.
Any help, please.
Edit: Finally got the Service Status page. I'm on 21CN and in (East) Kent. So this may have been having an effect. WOuld that effect have carried om through to today?
ANyway, I'm gonna off the router for 30 mins and reconnect and see if that makes a different.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Please help - speed issues slow pages etc.

I would have thought if you were affected by yesterdays outage that it came back on in the lousy twilight hours of 7 pm
Mav

To be honest I never noticed any outages yesterday at anytime. Just seemed a little sluggish, but not as much as earlier.
Left the router off for around 40 minutes and all seems fine now.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Mav

Thanks Pierre, these are the one's I saw earlier.
Never looked for them yesterday as I had been having other problems for a couple of days and just thought this was a continuation of those...

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Same problems for the last 3 days and I'm as far as you can be from Kent in Inverness.
pcl-ag01
pcl-ag05
pcl-ag03
pte-ag1
pcl-ag04
Tried them all and all give the same issues, latency in excess of 200ms to a peek of 900.  I normally see at worst 80ms on a weekend and a weekday its 35-55
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Mav

Service has been absolutely abismal this evening. Even now (almost 1:30am) emails are slow to arrive, Pages take ages and time out, downloads in the region of 2 to 15 KBbs - if they actually start).
A Speedtest.net result below.
Bt's Speedtest failed once then worked and that doesn't indicate any problems.
Yet why am I getting such dreadful real world experiences at the moment.
Both BT and PN profile at 4000.
Current stats below.
Could one of the team look into this, please?
Edit: A subsequent Speedtest.net test at 1:55 gave a similar upload result but half the previous download (now around 23KBps). But it took ages to get going. Ping was 52.
Edit 2: Decided to try a reboot of the router. Speeds now back up to around 450KBps which is about right.
Have notived that NM has gone up to six but it's now syncing at 4873.

jhoughton1234

Seeing similar results on pcl-ag03 and pcl-ag04 from Coventry, and have been for the last couple of days.  Rebooted my machine & router with no improvement.
Speedtest.net results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/926714593.png (pcl-ag03), http://www.speedtest.net/result/926725870.png (pcl-ag04).
Update: did a test with the BT speed tester, that says I can get 4163kbps, i.e. about 40 times faster than the speedtest.net results.  Which is odd.
jhoughton1234

And this morning, everything's suddenly fine.