cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet :(

markrach
Grafter

Re: No Internet :(

Just to add the test logins i have used are  bt_test@startup_domain this does not work but bt_test_user@plusdsl.net  does work , now this is something to do with plusnet ?
Whats my next move as i'm tired of playing ticket tennis  Grin and not seeing a reply i want lol

itsme
Grafter

Don't know whether it's worth trying this. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/RAS.htm According to the TAM report you are on Radius BBVR, where ever that is. With the Kitz test it does not supply the radius abbrevations at least it will tell you it's reaching one and where it is.
markrach
Grafter

I get nothing from that , 1st hop to router then destination unreachable but i can login with that user name for the test , no idea what that means now , surely if i am in sync like i am i could do the test .
Thanks thou itsme Smiley
markrach
Grafter

OK got this after following the guide for the 834GT
rcvd [CHAP Challenge id=0x1 <4f60f6cf94a1614c9a0fb2a9c3495b80>, name = "bras-red2.mqd"]

Looks like i'm on reading

EDIT
But that RAS does not route through my exchange SMBT , milton keynes , but Bletchley does have a RAS and thats where i am , but it does serve newport pagnel but thats north milton keynes 15 mile away from me
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmmm... I suspect the lack of connection on startup_domain is something to do with being on the ADSL2 network; that's probably what's causing the different routing too (this is just a guess, I'll confirm tomorrow with tommo to be sure though).
The poor carrier frequencies sounds like a noisy line really, but if you've tested other equipment then we'll have to get an engineer out to test from your premises.
itsme
Grafter

If the line is holding sync shouldn't the question be why is it not logging on to PN network?
markrach
Grafter

itsme , exactly .
Hmmm... I suspect the lack of connection on startup_domain is something to do with being on the ADSL2 network

But why does the RAS show Reading when that does not even supply SMBT (Milton Keynes) exchange ? or is it more complicated than that .
Mark

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How do you know that the Reading RAS does not serve SMBT (Milton Keynes) exchange ?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
markrach
Grafter

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/announcements/708664-bt-exchanges-served-by-reading-ras.html?Cat=&p...

Bletchley RAS serves Milton Keynes (SMBT) ,  so the question is why is my RAS Reading  Grin , maybe this is the cause of non connection , being as i can connect to the BT test login and retrieve DNS and an ip , i guess this is Plusnets problem with routing me .
EDIT: Birmingham does as well (serve milton keynes) and ealing ,llford, kingston,
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

All that post that you've linked tells you is that in May 2003 Reading didn't serve Milton Keynes. Since then it is possible that further DSLAMs have been added which could go to the Reading RAS, BT could have rerouted to a different RAS because of a fault, or they could have rerouted because of load balancing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
markrach
Grafter

Fair point . It is an old post and i admit i didn't see the date.
Back to square 1 in theory's.
itsme
Grafter

Except this connection should be an ADSL2+ on WBC so DSLAM's don't come into it. WBC use MSAN's Grin
As WBC use a different backhaul will they be using the same Radius setup? The WBC interconnection for Milton Keynes is Milton Keynes, information gathered from here
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: itsme
As WBC use a different backhaul will they be using the same Radius setup?

That was exactly my thought behind the lack of connection on startup_domain, I'd have thought there'd be another test login for the RAS for WBC to test connections. I'll make sure to check on that.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right I've done a bit of playing about here, and the login is apparently bt_test_user@startup_domain - can you let us know if that connects please?
This won't change the status of the fault, we still need to arrange an engineer visit, but it would be good to know from a diagnostics point of view.
markrach
Grafter

Morning orbrey,
Cant remember if i tried that one or not , i'm at work as well so no access at all i'm affraid .
Why an engineers visit clearly as i'm in sync and the phone is working correctly its an exchange problem or the network between BT and Plusnet ?.
I'll pop out in a bit and try .
Mark
adie:quote