Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators Election - have you voted?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Moderators Election - have you voted?

Apparently a very low number of people have voted in the moderators election and it is causing concern that it shows a low level of support for the candidates.
Personally I haven't voted because I think they are all fine characters and would believe make good moderators. I'd far prefer them all to be elected and increase the size of the moderators team and therefore do not feel able to express preference for any particular candidate(s).
I hadn't intended to say anything more on this matter until after the election had completed, but I have started this poll to give people the opportunity to show that not voting is not due to a lack of interest, rather the lack of an option to show their opinion.
This poll is totally anonymous, not even the moderators can see who has voted and how.
The main election poll is here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73528.0.html
If you do have a preference for one or two of the candidates please do vote. But you could then also vote in this poll to show that you would have preferred more/all of them to be made moderators.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
41 REPLIES 41
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Moderators Election - have you voted?

I have voted in this poll for the same reason as I voted in the Moderators election.
An opinion has been sought and I have offered it to the best of my ability.
And the moral of the previous line is.......pretty obvious Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
If you do have a preference for one or two of the candidates please do vote. But you could then also vote in this poll to show that you would have preferred more/all of them to be made moderators.

Good idea jelv, that's exactly what I've done.
Strat
Community Veteran

One thing I would say is it's a very interesting set of options some of which I will be very interested to see attract votes or not.
I would hope that votes are not cast just for fun Undecided
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mal0z
Grafter

Same as Strat  Smiley
"I have voted in this poll for the same reason as I voted in the Moderators election.
An opinion has been sought and I have offered it to the best of my ability."
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and me too
fceluk
Grafter

Strat's beginning to sound like a Moderator.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

hmmmmm.. and fcel is his evil twin.. right?  Cool
Strat
Community Veteran

Curses...sussed Embarrassed

I wonder how many others have dual accounts on the forum for use in such dubious circumstances?
Better not answer that as it's John's thread and it would knock it off topic.
BTW My 'evil twin' has not voted neither here nor in the Mods election as I feel it should be one vote to a customer.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Curses...sussed Embarrassed

You are a honourable gentleman, but I do have a very long memory for usernames  Wink
Spider
Grafter

In any poll I think their should be an abstention option. This way you can state your position and not be counted as one of the masses that are not bothered. The reason for this is that you may not feel you have enough information to make an informed opinion, have reasons why you are unable to vote for an option or in the case of the moderator election you may feel none or all the candidates are suitable. In a room vote abstention recording seems to be acceptable practice but not on polls or even elections. This is something personally I disagree with, so before labeling me as one of the people who as not voted, ensure that you give me an option that I am willing to vote for.
Edit: replaced repeated word with the correct one.
mal0z
Grafter

I totally agree that in any election, be it for a mod here, in a council, parliament etc then there must be an abstention option.
Some democratic countries make voting compulsory - but they have an abstain option on the ballet from .
If it can't be done here for this vote - then I think it should be on all following votes.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

If we edit the vote, it means we would have to re-start the voting yet again..
This whole process sounds more convaluted than the failed Florida elections from all those years ago....
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: Chemical
...........failed Florida elections

yes - let's blame George Bush  Smiley 
I understand why you are reluctant to restart the voting, but a side effect of so doing would hopefully mean that the PN newsletter will go out before the end of the voting !.
Just an idea - you mod's know a lot more than I about the process  Grin
atbs1
Grafter

I don't think that voting should be re-started, I hve casted my vote for 2 mods - as requested.  If another election is held at a future date for another 2 mods, then so be it.  But, currently the mods have requested that 2 additional people are required - it's on that, that we should be voting.