cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault

warpspider
Grafter

Line fault

Contacted Plusnet on monday pointing out an issue I had where incoming calls killed my fibre making it unable to connect for many hours (later found out that another incoming call seemed to allow me to connect again), my connection is pretty dire now too (lots of packet loss and forced refreshing to get pages to load) and my phone line is also pretty noisy.
Anyway I was sent a text on the 12th stating they had identified a fault and were raising it with your suppliers and told yet again for another 24-72 hour wait.  Can I expect this issue to be resolved tomorow or is it going to drag on till next week?
Any help on this would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Line fault

Hi warpspider,
It looks as though we're going to need to get an engineer out to get this issue sorted out for you. An engineer did go out externally but they want access to take a look at the modem as it may potentially be faulty. Any ideas you could be free for a visit?
warpspider
Grafter

Hi there,
Any day is fine for me as long as I have notice of when.
If the modem is faulty will I be charged the £60?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Tomorrow morning between 8am-1pm?
warpspider
Grafter

Sounds good, if the modem is faulty will I be charged £60?  I only joined Plusnet end of November so it's a new bt fibre modem.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You won't be charged if the Modem is found to be at fault as this is Openreach equipment and is up to them to ensure it's in good working order.
That's been booked in for you, an engineer will visit between 8am-1pm tomorrow morning to get that sorted out for you.
warpspider
Grafter

That's great, thanks a lot.