cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental + Caller Display Price

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Line Rental + Caller Display Price

If you have received the BT letter advising of T&C and pricing changes, you will know why I am starting this thread.
1) What would be the monthly Price from PlusNet for provision of BASIC Line Rental if paid by monthly Direct Debit.
2) What if any, would be the monthly Price for providing Caller Display (CLI)
3) Are there any downsides or gotchas associated with moving Line Rental away from BT.
4) and lastly, Ian and James, Are you any further with your thinking on a BBYW Pro Lite (Park or Surf) product? My proposition was a £10 base cost with NO included Usage and £1/ GB for all usage.
R
6 REPLIES 6
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Line Rental + Caller Display Price

Ianwild
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut
4) and lastly, Ian and James, Are you any further with your thinking on a BBYW Pro Lite (Park or Surf) product? My proposition was a £10 base cost with NO included Usage and £1/ GB for all usage.
R

Are we any closer?
In all honesty, not a lot closer, but then we haven't made much progress with anything in terms of the next BBYW product resfersh since we last spoke. As such, we are no further away either.
I still see the need for a product along the lines of what you are asking for within our range, and I should be able to give you a clearer view about when we might be able to offer in relation to that in the next couple of weeks. Once our plans for the rest of 2008 have been finalised and I will know what is scheduled where in our development workstack.
Sorry I can't give you a more useful answer at this point in time.
Regards,
Ian
[Moderator's note by Barry Z: Fixed your quote tag.]
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thanks to Alanf and Ian.
I have found the answers to 1&2. Line Rental is £9-99 and Caller Display adds £1-50 per month. I will probably move my daughter's account once I have discussed it with her,
IMHO, BT have completely lost the plot with their Collection Fees and now the increase in Line Rental by 75p but discounted if paper free and Direct Debit paid! The cancellation of the Hour Plan and the 6p call connection charge is outrageous and completely unjustified while Primus Planet Talk are charging 2.5p/ minute and NO Connection Charge, .... End of Rant!
Ian, I look forward to the Product refresh. I will hold off moving my Line Rental until the Product Refresh is announced.
Best wishes, R
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Question 3 has not yet been answered and I too would be interested if anyone has any ideas.
Some thoughts that have occurred to me:
At one time BT was planning a leaving fee but as far as I am aware that has been dropped. http://www.metro.co.uk/money/article.html?in_article_id=43309&in_page_id=36&in_a_source=
I wonder if there would be a rejoining fee if one left BT and wanted to return at a future date. At the very least I suspect one would have to commit to BT for a year.
Assuming one is not tied into a special deal does anyone know how much notice BT requires to switch? Would one end up paying both BT and new service provider for a month or so?
Plusnet does not offer all the service options that BT does - notably call barring. Caller display can be obtained at no extra charge with BT.
(This thread is also discussing the implications of BT changes
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,60369.0.html)
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Wheel_nut
I will probably move my daughter's account once I have discussed it with her,

Is your daughter a Plusnet broadband customer? As far as I am aware Plusnet only offers telephone service to customers of its broadband services. If not then the Post Office offers a £9-95pm telephone service which is worth a look.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Alanf, Yes, my daughter has BBYW Option 1 and uses all of 350MB each month!. However, I called Primus Planet Talk and they are offering Line Rental at£10-49 inc VAT and Caller Display at £0.56 inc VAT (yes, fifty-six pence). They also told me that they are currently reviewing prices with a target of £9 for Line Rental to be released in the summer.
PJ, The letter from BT does not address the fact that the changes to the products scheduled for April represent a MATERIAL change to the Agreement and therefore we should be free to migrate without penalty despite being in a 1 year contract. I am going to raise a "Contact us" query and will post the response here.