cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed New Router to help with Speed and Stabilty

amjrobson
Grafter

Re: Installed New Router to help with Speed and Stabilty

I have tried those commands and they both return a lot of info, what is the bit that means fast or interleaved, I presume it will be a value for fast or interleaved, rather than saying somewhere Fast/Interleaved.
MrC
Grafter

On this ST780 running v6 firmware I get
{root}=>:adsl info expand=enabled                                     
Modemstate                  :  Up
xDSL Type                    :  ADSL
xDSL Standard                :  ITU-T G.992.1
xDSL Annex                  :  Annex A     
Channel Mode                :  Interleaved 
Uptime (days hh:mm:ss)      :  3 days, 5:47:20
(rest snipped)
If it's not as obvious on your 585 then let me know what version of firmware your router is running and I'll load it up on one I have here and see if I can find it (unless anyone else comes up with the answer first Smiley )
amjrobson
Grafter

The Speedtouch's details are:
Product Name:  TG585 v7
Software Release:  7.4.4.7
When I run adsl info expand=enabled
I get the below plus a lot me but no mention of interleaved or Fast
Modemstate                  :  Up
xDSL Type                    :  ADSL2
xDSL Standard                :  ITU-T G.992.3
xDSL Annex                  :  Annex A
Uptime (days hh:mm:ss)      :  0 days, 9:20:31
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well we've had a look on a couple of firmware versions but unfortunately it doesn't look like the 585 can tell you if the line is interleaved or not. An earlier line check showed Auto, and that was following the order completion so I'll run another check shortly and if it's the same I'll replace the order for you.
amjrobson
Grafter

@Orbrey Did you manage to take another look at the settings to see if Interleaving was enabled, was another order raised.
I had a few problems last night with the router, between about 6:30 and 9:00 the router would just not stay up, every time it went down it took the wireless down with it also.  I eventually powered the router off for 5 minutes and then back on and it worked ok.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Yeah - Looking at your connections logs, things looked pretty rubbish from about 6-9pm.
However, the connection has been up ever since.  I'm trying to get a line test run on your connection, but it's taking an absolute age.
amjrobson
Grafter

James, thanks for looking into this. I am working from home today and have had a number of dropouts allready.  Line is now below 1000 downstream. Sad
I have noticed a little more noise low pitch hiss on the voice also today, not a great deal but it is noticable.
James
Grafter

Thanks - Would you mind putting in a request with your voice supplier to see if they can detect a fault at all?
amjrobson
Grafter

I called BT this afternoon they have run a test on the line an have said that they cannot find a fault.  The noise that was there this morning seems to have gone. I also followed the usual instructions on BTs web site about trying the master socket etc.  Could you please advise whats best to do next. Any update on Interleaving?
amjrobson
Grafter

My profile on my downstrean is now capped at 250, any lower and perhaps I should bring out my old dial up modem.
The new router has needed rebooting twice this weekend, as it just seemed to lock up, not broadcasting any wireless, and not responding to a physical LAN connection.  It seems that if the ADSL goes down every time it restarts the router, and sometimes needs a full reboot to recover.
To be honest I am not seeing any/much benefit of this router over my Netgear DG834GT. This seems to lockup completly and need a reboot to get back up and the netgear, seems to get a higher sync but then seems to loose framing or service, even though the SNR is still high.  It is getting to the point that my Mobile Broadband connection is more stable and quicker than this.  I just dont know where to go from here, I cannot help but think it is a problem in the exchange on the broadband side, it was fast and stable when running on LLU and I have only had these problems since moving off LLU.
Does anyone know if LLU is more suited to longer lines over standard BT based ADSL.
Would capping the upstream sync improve the downstream speed and general stability.
James
Grafter

Possibly.
I'm happy to try if you would like me to do so.