cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it be until I get broadband?

fireflycottage

How long will it be until I get broadband?

I swapped to plusnet with a go-live date of 28th September. My phone transferred ok, but I now have no broadband. It's been seven days.
Customer support has not been good. Twenty to forty-six minutes wait time puts me off ringing. The Chat facility only works once you have broadband - they just refer me to provisioning.
I have raised a question (I don't know how, as I find the website very difficult to use) but regardless of whether I add a comment on the webpage or if I send one by text, it sits there unanswered.
Nobody will tell me what is going on. Twice (Monday and Thursday) I was told that I would definitely have broadband by midnight. Now my questions are being ignored.
It's really nice to speak to people based in the UK, and everyone is pleasant and friendly. When they get round to speaking to me. But I haven't got broadband!!
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How long will it be until I get broadband?

Thanks for the post.
Allow me to apologise for the delay first of all. This happened as we needed to manually order broadband for you after the line was transferred in. The delay is ours in getting to pick this up.
I'm placing the order now which is due to complete in 4 working days time.
I'll arrange an extra discount as a good will gesture in light of this whilst I have your account open.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fireflycottage

Thank you, Adam.
I finally managed to get through to plusnet by phone about 5 minutes before your response, and spoke to James in provisioning. He confirmed what you said, but then said he'd do something manually and see if that worked. It did, so I now have broadband. Thank you for your input and helping to get it sorted.
I have raised a complaint about this, purely because I think it needs to be escalated upwards. My complaint is about the issues around the time delay on customer support. I appreciate (because James explained) that you have been inundated by new applicants, and have been frantically training staff to deal with the issues. But perhaps my complaint will make whoever calls the shots for customer service think about how they could have dealt with this. Even a friendly Yorkshire voice, if repeating a message every minute or so for nearly an hour can be annoying - and not having the option to turn the canned music down when the music choices are not to your taste can drive you to distraction. A countdown of how long you still have to wait would be good. A ringback option would be better still. A choice of canned music genre, as some helplines now provide, would make life a whole lot more bearable whilst waiting.
Thanks for your help.
Smiley
Apprentice
Grafter

But perhaps my complaint will make whoever calls the shots for customer service think about how they could have dealt with this

Wellcome to the forum  Smiley
The previous complaints resulted in 24 hour residential support being reduced to that of the hours between 7.30am-10.00pm, go figur
e   Shocked