Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please - New to Plusnet

mypyrex
Grafter

Re: Help Please - New to Plusnet

Quote from: Oldjim
It was something which came up on a Google search but checking again brought up your site from the google cache but still can't access it.

Thanks. I'll have a word with my hosting people.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I can see that www.mypyrenees.com is registered until early 2008, but can't access it. How long has it been since you couldn't access it, and can you log into your hosting administration?
mypyrex
Grafter

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
I can see that www.mypyrenees.com is registered until early 2008, but can't access it. How long has it been since you couldn't access it, and can you log into your hosting administration?

I last got into it a couple of days ago and then I tried about an hour ago and kept having trouble. There also appears to be a problem with the hosting people
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

As a relatively recent movee (from Demon), I was told that there was no notice period and that the contract ended on the day of actual transfer.
Two weeks later I received a small refund (I'd paid in advance).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mypyrex
Grafter

Can anyone help yet with this bit? ----
Still no change in the situation. Can you help please? .......
Grateful for any advice please.
7th_star
Grafter

I can access your site, but it is slow.
davefitz

I can access your site as well, had to hit refresh a couple of times for it to come up though
mypyrex
Grafter

Yes it seems ok now - thanks all. Still no resolution of the other matter though.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I assume the other matter is the email not coming through.
If it is can you check your Outlook Express Settings.
As your account isn't activated would it be correct to assume you are still using your old ISP.
If this is the case the outgoing server would still be the one of your old ISP but the incoming mail for the PlusNet account would need to be the PlusNet server "mail.plus.net"
Assuming you have tried that have you tried using web mail to see if it is there.
Just as a last point - apologies if you have already done it - assuming the mailbox you set up is myname@username.plus.com have you set the account name in Outlook Express as "username+myname"
mypyrex
Grafter

Still got problems!

I thought I'd got OE sorted and my emails were coming in through Plusnet account. However when I try to send an email now I get:
"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected.........."
HELP PLEASE! Cry
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: More Problems - Desparate for Help pleas

I don't use the PN e-mail system (use my own mail servers) so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to tell you is correct (however someone who knows better will come around soon enough).
- Open Outlook Express
- Go to Tools then Accounts
- Choose the account and go to Properties
In the servers tab, tick the "My server requires authentication" box and press Ok.
mypyrex
Grafter

That appears as if it might be working. I'll check again in the morning. Thanks, good night
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Glad it's working for you Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

PlusNet's SMTP server (relay.plus.net) doesn't require authentication so I don't think that is the answer.  I think an error with the "To" address (or formatting of the address) is a more likely reason for the problem.
Alternatively the recipient may blacklist unknown senders - and your new PlusNet address will, initially, appear as an unknown sender.
David
mypyrex
Grafter

Still got problems!

Further to my earlier posts I am still having trouble sending emails. When I try I get a message saying:
An unknown error has occurred Account mail.plus.net Server relay.plus.net Protocol SMTP Server Response 554 Please check your smtp Server is set to smtp.orangehome.co.uk
Can somebody advise please?