cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC cab installed - still no sign of FTTC?

StevenS987

FTTC cab installed - still no sign of FTTC?

So, being at the end of a fairly long line I've been watching the FTTC progress with an insane amount of anticipation.  About a month ago, a new tall-skinny FTTC cab was installed in close (albeit strange position) proximity to my PCP (18).  Since then, power and what appeared to be either the blown fiber, or the microducting for such have been added.
PCP 17 further up the road was installed about a month prior and FTTC has been serviceable from that cab for a couple of weeks now.  And FTTC cab's in the neighbouring town (which OR list as 'coming soon') have been popping up like little rabbits!

As a communications provider, is there anything Plusnet could do to poke OR into finalising whatever needs done to make my cab 'go live'?
2 REPLIES 2
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: FTTC cab installed - still no sign of FTTC?

There are steps for OR to follow, they can't just plant a cab plug it in etc.. It takes time due to works at exchange, running fibre line and making sure it is all abled for acceptable use it can take up to a year from actually putting it in. 
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Subsound

Re: FTTC cab installed - still no sign of FTTC?

Do what I did - keep walking up to the cab (when dark to avoid embarrassment!) and stick your ear against the vents. Mine was quiet for a bit but eventually you could hear stuff whirring about in it - a week later I was able to order and was first in the cab according to the OR engineer.
This was a few months ago and OR are still claiming that my exchange is still not live.