Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evening Woes

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Evening Woes

This is not a new topic for me as I first raised the fault in early Sept and have had one B.T daytime visit when all was well,The problem is that during day time my router connects at anything from 1300 to1600 Kbps with a noise margin around 9 or 10 at around 7 or 8p.m the margin goes up to 14 15 16 router to speed down to as low as 200 until about 7 a.m when I can reboot to 1300 1600again and all ios well for the day until 7 or 8 p.m This plays havoc with my download speed (which before Sept was around  1000) Now my use is restrticted  because of slow speed ( Skype and I player used to work o.k )  not any more  I have nothing here in the house causing this, but am sure there is something on the way to exchange  . My problem is how best to deal with this, How would a fixed connection suit ?? or just switch it all off at night  ?? Or change to B.T who would check it out ?
2 REPLIES 2
Stumpy21
Rising Star

Re: Evening Woes

As this seems to occur at the same time each night, it could well be something you or a neighbour has on a time switch.
Christmas lights could also be a problem this time of year, especially if they are large and on the outside of the property!
Can you see anything that seems to match with the times?
stathe
Rising Star

Re: Evening Woes

The things in the house C H valves Boiler, auto lights  etc operate both night and day and before the problems which were there before the neighbours Christmas lights as well . This is a very rural area a long way from exchange,houses sprinkled along the roadside , but prior to Sept my performance was acceptable, I wonder why it has deteriorated , The time is not always exactly the same, but near enough. We have walk around phones and electric use monitor,always have