Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed up during 'open questions', down again when closed

mickthefitter
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Download speed up during 'open questions', down again when closed

Hello Chris. I hope you had a good holiday  Grin 
How long was the 582n powered off? Crike. I've been to bed since then. I think about one hour. I didn't want any residual heat in the thing when I started it back up again and ran the stats.
To be honest since the last posts I made I've not been aware of any problems and haven't been checking anything. As long as the internet was there when I needed it I've just been using it as a utility like its supposed to be. Obviously my previous entries were prompted by it simply being not there on two mornings close together for extended periods of time, which felt as bad as having no telephone when I needed it.
Ah...sorry, that was actually a separate thread I started. Yes, twice I'd got no internet when I got up in the morning and there was still nothing when I went to work at midday, yet all the relevant lights were on, on the router. At night when I got in, everything was working again. I was told I might have to manually configure the router to use another gateway as there is a known issue in certain cases, but to my knowledge there has been no repetition so I've taken  it no further. Messing with stuff with only a limited knowledge is best avoided if possible.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Download speed up during 'open questions', down again when closed

Hi MIck, yep the break was quite relaxing. Mobile Internet signal was very poor to non-existent, so the temptation to come on here was easily ignored Grin
As you say messing with stuff is best avoided if the full circumstances aren't known or obvious. Glad it seems OK at present. Maybe the lack of Internet on that occasion could have been the Plusnet network problem that I've only seen an odd comment about so far, not read any detail. As long as things are working without issue at present, then it's probably best not to waste time on it Wink