Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problems

Bookworms
Grafter

Re: Connection Problems

Hi and apologies for the late reply.
I've been away for a bit and TBH, I'd more-or-less given up on figuring out where this REIN is coming from.
I spoke to my immediate and near neighbours about this not long ago. Those that have ADSL (some have no internet, others are with Virgin cable)  have also experienced poor speeds and drops.
As for the cable cabs, they were sort of fixed but the doors have once again come loose though I'm not sure there is a direct connection as the hum coming from them appears to be permanent,  whether there's REIN present or not.
My connection has been reasonably stable since I last posted and the REIN has been notable largely by its absence. There was one prolonged burst of several hours over Christmas though my connection wasn't affected as badly as I'd feared.
I've not noticed any REIN today (Routerstats currently off but AM radio on!) though my connection has suddenly slowed again:
--------------------------------------
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0.69 Mbps

0 Mbps 4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.69 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 3.97 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
0.53 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.53Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.
This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oddly enough, TBB speedtester and Plusnet's mybroadbandspeed checker both report  around 3.4 Mbps
Undecided