cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout This Speed Test Result!!

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Checkout This Speed Test Result!!

just done a speed check and thought this may interest everyone! http://www.speedtest.net/result/554196091.png
then another a few minutes later!! plusnet you rock!!   Crazy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
6 REPLIES 6
SparckZero
Grafter

Re: Checkout This Speed Test Result!!

Looks like someone is using Kaspersky Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

im geting a bit concerned with these tests,heres another one,is there something strange in the air?
SparckZero
Grafter

Steve74,
Are you using Kaspersky for your Antivirus? It has a habit of interfering with speedtest results.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

nope im using avira antivir premuim,but if this is the reults because of my antivirus what on earth can i do? really not impressed with wrong results as ludicrous as this,it was funny at first but now its a joke!
SparckZero
Grafter

Steve74,
If you're happy to do so, the best thing would be to temporarily disable your Antivirus, run the speedtest, then re-enable the Antivirus. Obviously and understandably you may not be happy doing that, but I don't see how else you can rule it out Smiley
Edit: a quick Google search turned this up - looks like Avira is definitely your problem: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1053464
Steve
Seasoned Pro

ah!! ok thanks for the advice and the link,so ive turned off my webguard on avira and things looking now much more realistic,bit annoying if i have to do that everytime and it looks like i may have too,anyway glad theres a work around.
Was beginning to think either A.i was the only one in the world online?
or b.something major was wrong,phew!
So heres one ive done with the web guard off in avira premuim,much more realistic,this is so crazy ive never came across this before lol,many thanks again for the advice and the link you gave does confirm avira is the culprit,well the webguard in it is..