cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to BT IP profile system in last 4-5 days?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Changes to BT IP profile system in last 4-5 days?

Noticing lately lower speeds vs my normal IP profiles, currently on the highest I have ever been but
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2233 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1200-4000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4086 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3604 Kbps

My Exchange isn't showing as amber let alone red for VP capacity and this started Monday ish. M y speeds are always 2300ish kbs for a 3500k+ IP profile, my speed would normally be in region of 2600-2800.  So going by the 80% rule I should be getting 2880 from that IP profile.
So wonder if BT have been Fixing/breaking the system.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
15 REPLIES 15
Trevor
Grafter

Re: Changes to BT IP profile system in last 4-5 days?

As discussed in another thread, the Plusnet profiles are not always keeping up with the new, more dynamic BT system. Have you checked your Plusnet speed profile?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As has also been discussed the Delta Report from BT that updates PN systems is not being updated until around December time. Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

This is a new change, up until 7th my speed has been consistantly 2800kb/s with a IP profile of 3000-3500.  It changed on the 8th when with IP profiles ranging from 3000-4000 my speed has consistantly stayed at 2300kb/s, so begin to wonder.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Ransomefan
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
As has also been discussed the Delta Report from BT that updates PN systems is not being updated until around December time. Sad

The cause of some of the posted profile problems appears to be that BT delta reports are now effectively lower than they would have been under the old system.  I would have thought that someone should be trying to get that remedied rather than just waiting for December. It appears that this is not accepted as a fault by Plusnet ( comment by Jojo in a post in answer to my query) but an informed  comment elsewhere    http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/t/4052983-re-plusnets-profile-system.html ; thinks otherwise. 
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Ransomefan
The cause of some of the posted profile problems appears to be that BT delta reports are now effectively lower than they would have been under the old system.

Unfortunately what people think and reality can differ. Have you any firm evidence that the BT delta reports supply incorrect information? I've seen instances in these forums where the history posted by the user supports what the delta report system has done, taking into account the 'increase' delays built into that horrid system.
David
Ransomefan
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
. Have you any firm evidence that the BT delta reports supply incorrect information? I've seen instances in these forums where the history posted by the user supports what the delta report system has done, taking into account the 'increase' delays built into that horrid system.

In my case I have checked regularly on the BT speed tester and it has since the 7th Oct. reported my IP profile as 4500kbps.  When I posted that my down load speed had dropped and quoted my BT IP. I was advised that the delta report showed 4000 and this has continued.
I have only extracted quotes from the recent pages one thread (88.2% profile) but I recall there are other threads addressing the same issues.
Jojo-Just bear in mind though that these may drop down again with the next delta reports, as we're still getting the ones in 500/1000 increments below what your profile is reporting.
IP Profile for your line is - 6098 Kbps  PN Profile =5500
BT Speedtester is now reporting a profile of 6387 (was 6000). Plusnet still shows my speed as 6000 at the moment
BT reported my profile as 11815 k just now and it has been >11000 for many days but PN profile seems to have got stuck on 10000
I've upped your profile to 11000 but the delta report is still showing at 10000 on BTs side, so it's likely to update and override ours I'm afraid
Is PN pursuing BT as to why its delta reports seem to be providing incorrect information that is diddling us, the customer, out of available speed?
Jojo quote  It still seems to be giving the old profile with regard to the sync
Jojo again ( to me) You'll see plenty of examples similar to yours in this thread.
At the current moment:  Sync rate - 13759K  BT Profile - 12135K  Plusnet Profile - 12000K

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
2205 Kbps

0 Kbps 7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2205 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4064 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 160 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps

My speed has certainly taken a hit today I was getting a download of 4 Mbps and nothing has changed at my end. Could it be the new profiling?  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Your upstream is only 160, which will certainly impact on the downstream connection "feel". Even though your downstream rate is showing as 4064, the slow upstream will delay "ack" packets, giving much poorer downstream performance.
It's unusual to see such a low upstream, I would raise a fault if I were you.
galaxy66
Grafter

Hmmm my speed  is constant at around 2335 Kbps, straight line graph all the way on Speedtest .net, I moved  moved over to plusnet on the 4th so now past the training period and I know my line is capable of around 3000- 3500 Kbps.
PeterLoftus
Pro

My speed has certainly taken a hit today I was getting a download of 4 Mbps and nothing has changed at my end. Could it be the new profiling? 

This morning my "current line speed" is 4.5Mbps after being 2.5 yesterday, is this the how the new profiling works or has this been manually initiated?  Undecided
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

What's your upstream speed now?
PeterLoftus
Pro

I rebooted last night and my current line speed a la PN is now 4.5 Mbps
better but we will see what it is on Monday, I have a open ticket
Smiley
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Looks like whatever was causing the low upstream rate has been resolved. Fingers crossed that you're OK from now on...
PeterLoftus
Pro

Jaggies
Thanks for your input  Smiley
Its been going on a while though, and I have a live ticket Undecided
The support team have told me I haven't got a problem but I keep having these sort of events. I all goes to log the story for a final resolution  Wink
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra