cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtest problem

James
Grafter

Re: BT Speedtest problem

I think that the BT Speedtester likes giving out random errors which aren't actually detailing what the fault is.
During busier times of the day it cvan be extremely temperamental.
Teds31
Grafter

Had that problem lots of times ,mostly when I make some error inputting info then change it,I usually just keep trying and it works eventually
donj53
Grafter

On my XP machine it says the phone number and user name dont match but on my Vista machine it says the ip address does not match the phone number and doesnt even let me put in a user id.
BT have excelled themselves with this piece of junk that they laughingly refer to as a speedtest.
gmsmalley
Dabbler

Have exactly the same issue using a DLink DSL300T modem.
"The IP address discovered on the network associated with your telephone number:01179******, did not match the one we have logged from this browser/connection. Please check your telephone number and try again. If problem persists please contact your CP."
Not helpful when the plusnet speed fault system requires 3 tests from this system before a fault can be persued...
Cerberos
Rising Star

A week on since my last report and I still can't get speedtester to work.
Too busy on an evening and I get the error message
The IP address discovered on the network associated with your telephone number:**********, did not match the one we have logged from this browser/connection

on the other occassions.
07:00 hrs on a Saturday morning I wouldn't have thought the system would be overloaded.
gmsmalley
Dabbler

I get the IP mis-match error all the time. Even at 08:00 on a Saturday morning.
Which is rather annoying as I need three results before PlusNet will take my speed issues seriously.  Embarrassed
James
Grafter

Hi there,
If the BT Speedtester just will not work, then we can still raise the fault to BT and advise them of this.
Ideally, we would want the results but we also do appreciate that there are instances where some people cannot get the site to work for them.