cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news?

Cloudmaster
Grafter

Any news?

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I volunteered to join the 21CN trial some time back, exchange was enabled on 31st March, any news on when I might be migrated?
17 REPLIES 17
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Any news?

Hi Cloudmaster,
I can't see any tickets on your account asking to be added to the trial - the last one on there is from January asking for interleaving to be removed. When did you apply, and was it through the trials wizard at http://trials.plus.net ?
Cloudmaster
Grafter

It was on a thread in this forum, all the threads have been re-arranged since I posted so I don't know where it is now.  I was led to believe at the time this would be enough & I wouldn't have to raise a ticket.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It didn't take much finding:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,72188.msg569750.html#msg569750
Put me on the list!!
BT Wholesale have updated the Wholesale Broadband Connect (WBC) enablement date for the Ramsgate exchange to 31/03/2009 (Was previously 18/11/2008)

That topic was locked and the ticket request option added about a month later.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Cloudmaster
Grafter

So the rules changed after I applied?  Ok, off to apply again  Sad
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I wonder if there is anyone else in that topic still patiently waiting?
Perhaps one of the mods could add a post to that topic suggesting that anyone who'd posted in that topic and who hasn't been upgraded needs to go to the trials wizard and apply again.
Cloudmaster
Grafter

I think it would have been fairer to honour all forum based applications made prior to the change to a ticket based system.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Looking through that topic there are at least two others who have not subsequently made posts that indicate they have been upgraded.
scootie
Grafter

i got jameseh to put me on the list as soon as my exchange went live i didn't hold much hope of that thread being monitored for when peoples exchanges went live and adding them.
i am sure i can rember that couple of pn staff posted in that thread saying all the names from the cant volounter but want to thread would be taken down and added to the trial queue list.
any way i knew jameseh would be best bet to get things moving. just funny as soon as iam on the trial he goes for nice long holiday. i dont think he would of put me on if he knew he had to deal with my moaning Grin
Cloudmaster
Grafter

It was this post that led me to believe I was already on some sort of waiting list.  I applied for the trial at 11.43 via the link posted earlier but that ticket hasn't even been acknowledged yet.
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Nearly 24 hours now & still no confirmation whether I'm on the waiting list or not, ticket still showing as open
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Was that a ticket raised through trials.plus.net? If so they can take a while to be picked up as the orders are placed in batches, it does give this information on the page where you raised the ticket.
Please note these ticket pools are not directly monitored by the Customer Support Centre and that it may take up to 7 to 14 days for your ticket to be acknowledged.

Having said that, I'll have a word and see if I can find out when your order is likely to be placed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Yes it was, didn't spot that bit of text.  Waiting to be batched!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

What is doing done about the other people who posted their desire to go on the trial in accordance with Dave's request (before the option was added to trials.plus.net) and have also been forgotten?
JamesehsDad

@ Cloudmaster
My son informs me that he's placed your order and that it will complete on the 29th.
He'd also like to point out to the mods that he's very sorry and is going back on holiday and would like to not be banned.  Please Smiley