cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adsl2 training period end and big speed drop ?

ARone
Grafter

Adsl2 training period end and big speed drop ?

My line settled at 13 meg connection after initial problems with a couple of resets ; last few days and had a profile speed of 13 meg + bt BT pretty constant but now I presume the 10 day training is over for some reason this morning it has now set back to this 6.7 meg which is pretty much what it was on 8 meg line upload is still 1000 .
Is training over on my line now and if so why the drop when 13 meg and a sync of 15meg seemed stable , Im les than a mile from the exchange ?Huh
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download  Speed
6.66 Mbps

0 Kbps 7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.66 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 6.76 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
983 Kbps

0 Kbps 832 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 983Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 832 Kbps
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Adsl2 training period end and big speed drop ?

Router stats please
ARone
Grafter

these are router stats but there has been a few problems during training period but ticket has got confused a little I think as i have due to several agents replying , but all the usuals have been done different router / to master socket still and was working fine for last few days at 13meg / 15meg sync until this morning when I presume training period over ( 10 days) seems a coincidence
Im wondering whether it may be a contract problem as it was working fine router settings not altered and on multimode plusnet swithched me over
still on multimode annexa as it had been throughout training
SNR Margin 14db 6db

Line Attenuation 25db 15db

Data Rate 7659 kbps 1112 kbps
ARone
Grafter

sorry double post dont know why , Ive added details to a ticket but for some reason my last ticket was closedso  any help here would be apreciated  what I do now , Im well confused  but suspect now that hardwatre has been ruled out and wqas at 13 meg no problems working great no resets it seemed that this may now be due to training end and a plusnet setting maybe ?Huh
anyone else had this reverted to 8 meg after training period ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Looks very odd.
I think we will need to wait for a Digital Care Team Member to see it.
It could be a high default noise margin but equally it may be a banded line
ARone
Grafter

Cheers , just unsure these days whether  best to post problems here or via ticket but phoned now and even more confused as they said I was showing as 1 meg  now which cant be right as still downloading at over 6meg Huh  
1 meg  would be just about the lowest in 8 years , but obvioiusly some strange fiogures that dont match up all around
Im 700metres ish  from the exchange , see what happens now
the problem not being sorted until several days into the training period didnt help maybe , definately something wrong at first just seems strange the big drop overnight now on end of training day when I had been getting 13 meg fine last 3 days after the initial problems whereby it was stuck at 3 meg
at least Im now back to getting what I got on 8meg just seems a lot of trouble and confusing as Im so close to exchange and always got over 7meg on 8meg , router works fine over the road as well (tried early last week - just in case ) he gets over 15 meg  and I assume that as I synced at 15 meg for a few days and getting a genuine over 12meg download speed yhose days I should or could be too , confused as to the huge drop now  , even if its due to 1 disconnection this end to try different router then thats pretty worrying if a massive drop is caused then due to the sensiticity of 20mb surely this cannot be right , what concerns me is some of the others I signed over thgat will be cchanging to 21cn soon turn their electrics off overenight , would I be better leaving them on 8mb adsl , is that possible. Huh
if the future is about standing next to the router in case someone turns it off and drops speeds massively its going to be a bit difficult  , Im concerned more now as training period should have past and may be stuck with a onnection lower than I should get or estimates show , you can see the exchange road from my bedroom and not nit picking here about service just trying to get things sorted as to what causes the problem as the other family on plusnet are futher from the exchange than I am    Undecided
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm not sure if it's manual disconnections or not but there do seem to be a lot of dropped connections on your line as things stand. I suspect you'd be best raising a fault through our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net - if you raise it as a dropping connection fault then the tests it takes you through should eliminate everything at your premises as a possible cause and the ticket will drop out to our faults team. We'll pick things up from there and get them sorted for you.