cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10th day and still no internet.

PaulM

10th day and still no internet.

My internet connection dropped on Sunday 30th October, it came back up for a few hours on Monday 31st October and has been down ever since. I connected the router to the master socket as instructed and was told there was a fault with my connection and I would be contacted by the faults team within 48-72 hours. I was supposed to be working from home that week and ended up having to take the time off as annual leave.  I wasn't contacted by the faults team so I decided to contact them myself, they tested the line while I was on the phone and confirmed that they needed to send an engineer out.
The engineer was booked by Plusnet - 'Dear Mr *****, An appointment has been booked for: 05/11/11 between 8am and 1pm'  He turned up at 2:20pm, and stated that there was no problem with the wiring/socket in my home and went away to check the cabinet and then the exchange. He returned around 3:30pm and stated there was nothing he could do (another day wasted) . The message on my account was 'Or engineer called that circuit is in sync but internet light is not coming up. Engineer unable to run APTS test as he doesn't know how to, called BTW and got answering machine that they are open Monday to Friday. Engineer advised that the issue is very likely on our equipment at the exchange. Advised to contact BTW. EIN 702991460'  I have since been told by a couple of members of the fault team that Plusnet do not have equipment at the exchange and that BT Wholesale do work on Saturdays. The engineer also stated that he would pass the matter back to Plusnet and get it resolved by Monday (7th November).
Monday came and went and still I heard nothing. I contacted Plusnet yesterday (Tuesday 8th November) and was advised: 'Testing on your line has shown there should be a broadband signal through to the router, so the DSL or Sync light should be solidly on. If this is not the case, we will need to retest this once the router is completely disconnected, as this could be what is known as a jumpering problem at the exchange.' My wife disconnected the router and I contacted Plusnet to inform them of this. I was then told by a member of the faults team that it was my router that was at fault. I informed him that during the course of my problem I had tried the router I was provided with and my old router - both had the same results but he insisted that it was a router problem. When I returned home yesterday I plugged in my old router - it made no difference. I contacted Plusnet again and informed the faults team of this, I was then told that the fault I originally reported wasn't the same fault that I had now - which is simply not true. I have since received this message: 'Your fault is still being investigated by our faults team and they will get back in touch as soon as possible and inform you of any developments.Please bear with us and we will resolve this for you.'
I don't particularly care what the problem is; I just want it fixed - within the next 24hours.
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 10th day and still no internet.

Hi Paul,
Sorry to hear it's been such a pain. I'm just testing this now for you and will update both your ticket and this thread shortly with my findings.
PaulM

Thank you.
Paul.
PaulM

Hello Matt,
                  I still haven't heard anything.
Paul.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Paul,
Sorry about that - I tested the line and found it out of sync (I guess the router is still powered off?) so it doesn't look like an issue with the jumpering in the exchange, therefore it's a lot more likely to be a dropping connection issue. I've asked one of the faults agents to pick it up and take it on from there which will be happening very shortly, it's likely that the next stage will be another engineer visit. Don't worry though, we'll make sure there's detailed notes on there so it won't happen in the same way the last one did.
PaulM

Hello Matt,
                  The router is switched on and connected. How long will this take?
PaulM

Many thanks to Joe M in the faults team, he sorted it out for me.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad it got sorted, thanks for letting us know - I'll pass the feedback on to Joe as well.