Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Utube.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Problems with Utube.

Do other people have problems watching videos on Utube? I don't use it often but each time I have they have been unwatchable due to buffering every 30seconds. This is not HD stuff but short two or threee minute films. For instance yesterday i wanted to watch a small demo film on carpet dying but it stopped every ten seconds or so making it impossible to watch.
7 REPLIES 7
Seamo
Dabbler

Re: Problems with Utube.

Yes me too, constant buffering, everything else seems fine just you tube is very slow. Is the issue to do with you tube?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guys,
Are you still seeing these issues?
Jojo Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I was watching a 12 min one this morning, Win 7 Firefox, 14000 synch, down sped 11000
The down load pink line was half way along - 6 min and I was looking at 3 min and was getting the rotating arrow about every 15 sec, most odd, not much else running
glloyd
Rising Star

Yes and this has been going on for some time as far as I can tell. I think I have tried to watch a short movie about three times in the last few months and each times had the same problem.
Quote from: Joanne
Hi guys,
Are you still seeing these issues?
Jojo Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Has anybody tried packet capturing the traffic to make sure it's being classified correctly? I'd also be interested to know whether or not there's a noticeable difference before/after 4pm each day?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's classified as gold 0x80 at the moment...if I'm reading the capture correctly.
Differentiated Services Field: 0x80 (DSCP 0x20: Class Selector 4; ECN: 0x00)
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
glloyd
Rising Star

As far as I recall both times when I've tried to watch a video it's been on a Sunday afternoon. I don't use the Internet much in the evenings normally.

Quote from: Bob
Has anybody tried packet capturing the traffic to make sure it's being classified correctly? I'd also be interested to know whether or not there's a noticeable difference before/after 4pm each day?