cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will plusnet please acknowledge that there is a problem here?

Footys
Grafter

Will plusnet please acknowledge that there is a problem here?

Its 11pm now and my speeds are unusable.  Its obvious that this is a problem as there are lots of people affected on the same package.  I refuse to believe that we have all suddeny developed faults on our line.  Can someone from plusnet please at least acknowledge that there is a problem here somewhere?
11 REPLIES 11
tobykim
Grafter

Re: Will plusnet please acknowledge that there is a problem here?

I'm also on Pro and am currently getting

this was tested on a wireless connection and I'm on gateway pte-ag1
looks like I could be in the minority, although I did have a ppp drop earlier today
martin2006
Grafter

plusnet will never admit there is a problem, until everyone threatens to leave. i wish they would just be honest and say we are having problems, please bear with us. it seems that bob pullen and  the x-jamesh are the only ones who are willing to admit the truth when there is a problem but everyone is so scared of deterring potential new customers, probably some corporate twat guidelines.........
i have worked in sales for 20 years and the quickest way to lose a customer is B/S.
chesterfield
Grafter

There does now seem to be a growing number of us that have all developed the same fault around the same time.......
martin2006
Grafter

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81831.0.html
dear ester, why oh why oh why....................................
PLUSNET, WAKE UP, THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS WHO KNOW MORE ABOUT BROADBAND THAN YOU DO, TRUTH PLEASE, IT GOES A LONG WAY
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@tobykim , and anyone posting in this thread about the PRO/PAYG performance - please ensure you have input information in the format requested by jelv in the thread he started http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81831.0.html
leahk
Grafter

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I wish PN would admit the problem and post a service update so I can stop wasting my time.
At around 10 to 11 pm last night my connection became unusable for at least the 4th time in the past week.
The problem went away again at around 08:00  (I was up at 06:30 and it was still faulty at that time.)
Symtoms:
No disconnection - still connected at the usual speed.
Unable to send or receive email  - 0kbs on the send/receive
Unable to browse web sites- a few sites partially loaded after a 5+ minute wait - most would not load at all.  Not able to access the PN site at all.
Tried rebooting router - no effect
During the problem I cannot access the Speed test site at all.  My normal rate are as follows:
Sep 20, 08:47 10550 kbps (1.32MB/s) 360 kbps (45kB/s) Share
Aug 30, 04:07 9343 kbps (1.17MB/s) 668 kbps (83.5kB/s) Share
Aug 29, 11:16 9306 kbps (1.16MB/s) 508 kbps (63.5kB/s) Share
Aug 29, 10:42 9285 kbps (1.16MB/s) 655 kbps (81.9kB/s) Share
My Router syncs at the following rate consistently:
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 447 / 15,323
I connected to pcl-ag04
I'm on the Unlimited package and also the 21CN trial
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep me too !
Speed collapsed last night, tried 3 different gateways ("pte-ag2", "pcl-ag04" and "pte-ag1") but all three were virtually unusable.
My router stats were all showing normal (excellent) values - during the slowdown.
I am on BBYW-Option2.
There was something different though, when I use the "BroadbandMax" speed tester, I typically get PINGs of 52 or 54ms.
During last nights slow down the times had dropped mostly to 43ms, BUT with the occasional huge PING time every now and then ?!?.
Currently (midday Sunday) speeds have recovered to 90% of normal levels.
martin2006
Grafter

wow, you win the highest ping award i reckon, the best i get on that site is 26 ping, but i suppose it depends where you are in the country, i am in north kent.
tobykim
Grafter

@tobykim , and anyone posting in this thread about the PRO/PAYG performance - please ensure you have input information in the format requested by jelv in the thread he started

@Anotherone - I didn't  post any details because at the moment I'm not seeing any problems, as I said I'm in the minority, so it's not worth me giving any details if there's nothing wrong
Nick_Russell
Grafter

I am getting Loss of Synchronisation a few times a day for the past 3 days or so.  Connection has been very solid previously.  I can reboot my router and this solves problem...until next Loss of Synchronisation!!!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Nick,
If you are having loss of sync problems, that's a separate problem, could you start your own thread please and post the following information -
What Modem/Router are you using? Do you know to access your Modem/Router ADSL line stats?
If you can post both Downstream and Upstream - Sync/connection speed, Attenuation, NoiseMargin (SNRM) and Power.
Try here - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php - if you need guidance for many Modem/Routers.