cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonded ADSL

Mark
Grafter

Re: Bonded ADSL

What's key to point out is that this sort of bonded solution is still ADSL.  It does not and will not offer the SLA's that a leased line will

Hi all. Good to see the interest still remains on this subject.
We are still working on a bonded or aggregated xDSL solution. With 4 good 8 Mb adsl lines and the right cpe we're seeing about 17 - 20 Mb down and 2.5 - 3 up, clearly depending on line length and condition. The solution will also bond up to 4 SDSL lines. Once ADSL2 comes in to the equation, which this system will support, the benefits increase greatly.
Add Total care to the pstn lines and Enhanced Care to the ADSL / SDSL and you're getting a better SLA than most standard care Leased line solutions at a fraction of the cost. This will also provide a solution where Leased lines wont reach.
It's certainly not a replacement for leased lines, but as an option where reach or cost is the limiting factor, it could provide a viable and cost effective solution.
Having multiple lines also adds a degree of resilience into the mix as if one line fails the system will auto balance and continue to work albeit at a slightly slower speed.
We're still not in a position to offer this as a product to our customers yet or at least not to our standard business customers, but we are continuing to test and evaluate this product and we would expect to make a decision early in the New Year. Our current trials centre around some of our Partner customers and once that is complete we'll know where we are going with this solution.
Having looked at the solution highlighted in the post above, I am confident that if we launch this it will be a very competitive product. Smiley
I will keep the community up to date with developments regard our plans for bonded xDSL products as soon as I have news.
MikeHurley

Is there an update on this product ?
Is it likely to launch and do we have a potential timeframe yet?
triad

Hi
I've just found this post via a search - Did anything ever happen with Bonded ADSL via Plus Net ?
Thanks!
MikeHurley

I didn't hear anything - my guess is that the idea has been superceded by the fibre offering.