Saturday 29th November 2014Login | Register
Pages: [1]

If BT can't find where my old Line is, what do i do next ?

« on 10/01/2012, 18:44 »
hi all, i was hoping to be a Plus Net customer today, but BT can't find where my line goes to be able to reconnect it. rumour has it that if this is FACT, it will mean i cannot be a Plus Net customer without a phone line.

BUT, WHAT IF i had gone to BT as a new customer (instead of an old disconnected customer) and asked them to install a new line to a house that hasn't got a Phone Line at all Huh?Huh?

Would they have said  NO Huh? 

What a strange predicament i am finding myself in and i really do want to be a customer of the Plus Net Band  !!!, hey that really IS a [Censored] advert IMHO !.

Tim
  • spraxyt
  • Usergroup Member
  • View Profile
« Reply #1 on 10/01/2012, 19:48 »
Plusnet will deal with this in exactly the same way that BT Retail would. In either case the same BT Openreach people would be activating the phone line. I expect Plusnet's provisioning team will be in touch with BT tomorrow to establish what the engineer has reported and what BT Openreach are doing about it.

If there isn't a line there for the engineer to activate, then a new line will have to be provided. That should be a routine task. Hopefully you'll get information tomorrow concerning this.

David
« Reply #2 on 10/01/2012, 20:16 »
OK David, thanks for that re-assurance. But i am having difficulty in imagining that BT and/or OpenReach would/will dig up my road to put a new line in !!! and if they did, would it cost ME loadsa money ?

tim

« Last Edit: 10/01/2012, 21:23 by timmytoad »

• spraxyt
  • Usergroup Member
  • View Profile
« Reply #3 on 10/01/2012, 23:09 »
Plusnet's charge for providing a new phone line is 49.99 (ref Plusnet Talk Price Guide). I assume this applies in normal residential areas. But best wait and see what Plustnet say tomorrow.

David
« Reply #4 on 11/01/2012, 07:24 »
Ahh  thats OK then, cause i already paid that !! in the first place    Smiley

But they wouldn't dig the road up  and the foot path,   surely Huh?Huh?

tim

« Last Edit: 11/01/2012, 07:27 by timmytoad »

• Matt Taylor
  • Standard
  • Don't worry, he won't fall.
  • View Profile
« Reply #5 on 11/01/2012, 11:50 »
I think it depends on how the lines are delivered from your local green box (distribution point, or DP) to the premises - it'll either be overhead via poles, in which case there'll be no digging, or underground in which case there might be. Either way though I believe that cost is covered by the installation charge.

If there are any additional costs we won't find out what they are until the order is placed, but that's a very rare occurance and you will be advised in full before anything is done.
Matt Taylor
--
Posts made on or before 31st Jan 2014 were made from a staff perspective.
« Reply #6 on 11/01/2012, 19:55 »
Thanks Matt, well if it is a bad as having to dig up the road !!, i feel sure i would prefer to stay with VM  !!!.

tim
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE