cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not off to a good start

grhm
Dabbler

Not off to a good start

Update: BT Engineer has called today (9/9/11) as arranged last week, all installed but no connection to Plusnet yet. Been told by support that account will be activated sometime before midnight provided BT confim install completed. I know the engineer has done his bit so fingers crossed I can get online through fibre rather than 3G soon.

Just before the bank holiday weekend I ordered Fibre, asked for install today (2/9/11), and had all confirmed by email. However no router has arrived so I ring to find out what's happening - the Plusnet system has not bothered to place the order with whoever need to know. Now having to take another day off work for a supposed install next Friday.  Angry  This doesn't bode well for the future - if the ordering system is so fragile that it drops new customers then what's the rest like! Moving from O2 but starting to feel like it's a mistake!
14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Not off to a good start

grhm,
Not a good start at all. Being completely honest with you I've not seen this type of issue with fibre orders before so I'll need to dig deeper into what happened here as we need to avoid this impacting on anyone else's order. I'm just sorry that it has yours.
Moving from O2 but starting to feel like it's a mistake!

I'm going to add a discount to your account as a good will gesture as our way of apologising for this and I hope we can turn that opinion around.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI,
Just as a follow up,  we're tracking this issue on problem ID 67914 as we've been aware of this issue for a few days, unfortunately we've not yet been in a position to know exactly who it's affected.
@grhm I'll make sure we confirm your new order as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mwerle
Grafter

I've been trying to order Fibre for the last 3 days as well (existing customer).  I was promised a callback twice (so far nada), but the second time I rang back the customer service representative told me that there was a problem in the ordering system for existing users and that they would get back to me as soon as they get it sorted.
Looks like the issue affects new users as well...
Cheers,
- Micha.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi mwerle,
This particular issue is only affecting new users. I'm sorry you seem to have been affected too. I'm not sure why you were told we'd get back to you. To me it just seems like we should have just dealt with this already and placed an order manually as we did for grhm.
I'm going to broach this with our provisioning team now and will get back to you ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@mwerle,
We're looking at your account and placing an order right now. One of us will be in touch soon.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mwerle
Grafter

Result! Just got an SMS from PlusNet!  I should hang out on the forums more often 🙂
Thanks very much for your assistance, Adam.  Unfortunately, my engineer visit has now pushed back a couple of days from the original date.. oh well, I'm sure I can be patient!!
Cheers,
- Micha.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I'm sorry we couldn't manage to get your originally requested date sorted but we've done the best we could in the given circumstances.
Thanks for your understanding and patience! Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grhm
Dabbler

@_Adam_Walker_
Thanks for the replies and I really appreciate the offer of a discount. I chose Plusnet because a number of my collegues have been so effusive about your service - support has been very good, just a shame I needed it so early.
I'm pretty sure things are moving now because O2 have been in contact to try to convince me to stay with them - use of the MAC must have triggered them into action.
Sorry not replied sooner but have been using my day off productively instead of sitting in front of the 'puter, this might be the last glimpse on the summer!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@grhm
No worries, as you can see we have a pretty tight support community here so staff and fellow customers alike are always here to lend a hand if needed. Here's hoping it's plain sailing for you from here. You know where we are if not.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grhm
Dabbler

Update: BT Engineer has called today (9/9/11) as arranged last week, all installed but no connection to Plusnet yet. Been told by support that account will be activated sometime before midnight provided BT confim install completed. I know the engineer has done his bit so fingers crossed I can get online through fibre rather than 3G soon.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@grhm
I've activated the account anyway for you, no harm even if the order hasn't officially completed yet although we can't promise you a working service until that happens.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grhm
Dabbler

@_Adam_Walker_
Thanks very much Adam - it seems to have had an effect already!
I'll update with the results of a few speed tests in a minute - see what the profile starts at!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I'll keep an eye out for that...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grhm
Dabbler

First tests are showing 17down, 1.6up - already a 3 to 4 times speed increase on my O2 LLU