Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet billing system - a poll

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet billing system - a poll

There have been a significant number of posts recently from people who have had various problems with the Plusnet billing system. This poll is to try to identify how common these problems are.
Please answer all the options that apply to you in the poll. If you have not experienced any billing problems in the last year tick 1.a. If you have experienced problems tick one of options 1.b to 1.d, any of 2.a to 2.c that apply and if you were overcharged either 3.a or 3.b (or both if you've had multiple problems and both apply).
To change your vote you will need to remove your current votes and then vote again marking all the relevant options.
You may also like to post a brief description of the problems you have had and perhaps a link to where it has been discussed.
Please select the Notify of Replies option for this topic. As patterns emerge I may be asking for more input on specific areas.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
35 REPLIES 35
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Re: Plusnet billing system - a poll

When VAT went down they failed to decrease the charge for Max Premium. When they tried to apply a credit it wouldn't take it because I already had a £3 loyalty discount (you can apparently only have on credit applied at a time) so they increased the discount to £3.17. They then corrected the price of Max Premium so I was then being under charged. I haven't a clue whether I owed them or they owed me at the end but as it was only a small amount I just gave up.
Be3G
Grafter

Ah, billing problems. I think it's fair to say I know a thing or two about these. Roll_eyes My experiences over the past twelve months are as follows:

• February: Ok
    • Home Phone pro-rata payment: direct debit and discount problems

• March: no referral discount

• April: no referral discount

• May: no referral discount

• June: no referral

• July: charged £3 for call features pack

• August: no referral discount, and charged £2 for caller display

• September: Ok

• October: Ok

• November: Ok

• December: no referral discount

• January: duplicate Talk charge

That makes eight incorrect bills out of twelve, plus two bodged account changes. The lack of referral discount features heavily, but even if you remove any instances of that you're still looking at five problems over the course of the past twelve months – every single one of which I've had to chase up myself.
Also, whilst it's outside the scope of this thread I guess it might be worth mentioning that all those billing errors come at a time of increasing personal disenchantment with Plusnet's ticket support, and after an extremely messy couple of months at the beginning of last year when I tried to take advantage of a special offer at the time (more details in the first link in this post). So if I ever seem fed up with Plusnet… well, that's why.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I ticked an option then went down to the instruction, found I should have done more, you said un select, but you dont have that option in the poll
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Pierre
A very kind moderator has intervened and set that option so you should be able to remove your existing vote now.
(Two puzzles (1) I'm sure I set that option when I created the poll (2) Why the ability to add that option is only available to the moderators when editing the poll and not to the originator)
Addnan
Grafter

I was charged £19.99 when I should have on been charged £11.99 since it was my first 3 months. Even after 3 months I should only be charged £15.99.
£19.99 was taken away, then I had to wait a lot longer than the 3 days they give me to get my money back.
I just went back and found my old thread. I told Jamesh about the the issue on the 22nd October and then on the 28th the refund was made. 
Lurker
Grafter

You could do with an additional option for "I was cut off after paying too much for my service from PN and claiming a refund"
csogilvie
Grafter

I'm not convinced this poll will show you much reliable data, as you can basically select all 4 options in Section 1... I partly wonder if you'd have been better doing 3 seperate polls.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I realise that but (a) wanted to keep it in a single topic and (b) hoped that people would use some common sense.
If the people who had set up these Community forums had added the Additional Polls mod I'd have been able to do it exactly as I wanted.
Be3G
Grafter

It would appear that some people aren't filling in the poll correctly: there've been 23 voters, but only 22 responses to question 1, 14 to question 2 and 10 to question 3. Oh well.
It's also quite alarming to note that 50% of the people who've answered question 1 have had a billing problem of some sort in the past twelve months.
mal0z
Grafter

I've replied to each question, as billing has been a major feature of my home account, and a few billing issues with the buisness account ( albeit one of them undercharging - which i will have to explain to the treasurer !).
But we now seem to have several billing threads going now - is there scope to merge some ?.
Be3G
Grafter

I haven't looked at them all, but I suspect they're about people's individual billing problems; merging those together would therefore be a bit like merging every speed problem in the Broadband Speed forum in to one massive thread!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Mal,
That's part of what I was trying to achieve here. This to try to get the bigger picture while users have their own individual topics to address their specific issues.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Be3G
It would appear that some people aren't filling in the poll correctly: there've been 23 voters, but only 22 responses to question 1, 14 to question 2 and 10 to question 3. Oh well.

When viewing the poll each person will see the answers they gave in bold. If anyone realises they are wrong they can use the REMOVE VOTE link and have a second go.
paulby
Grafter

Billing problems began in June when my Home Phone package changed from E+W to Anytime.
The system billed me line rental for both E+W and Anytime plus the package cost for Anytime i.e double line rental.  This was refunded each month after a call to CS and was finally resolved in September when Jameseh stepped in and got a developer to put in a fix. (Don't have a link as it was resolved via PMs)
My phone billing also suffered from misalignment of the billing date with the broadband billing date (now fixed).